Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Work, Work, Work

Well, the holidays are definately over for me! I am working some serious overtime to try and get my current project done and in front of the big boss man before I head out the door on Friday back up to the Springs for a week. Let's just say the editing process is causing me an awful lot of headaches right now and leave it at that! I am hoping that the family will join me this time out (L, we may have to put off our girls only get-together :( ) but we'll have to see what the response is from C's school if we try pulling her for a whole week.

Food:
No recipe today (we had leftovers), but a tip for those looking to eat cleaner: take your time. You don't have to throw out everything in your pantry and replace it with cabbage and melba toast right away ;) Take it one step at a time. Replace whole or 2% milk with 1% milk and work your way down to skim (I am so used to skim milk now that I can't stand drinking anything fattier since it tastes too thick). Also, I, like my sis MR, am not crazy about artifical sweeteners. I don't mind them in baked goods, but I just can't have them in my coffee or tea (nor do I like diet soda). So I just drink water instead (or I have Propel or flavored water as a treat). I also allow myself one cup of coffee with a tsp of real sugar in the morning.

Workout:
Thanks to my current battle with insomnia, I didn't get much sleep last night. So I didn't feel as guilty taking my rest day today and staying in bed an extra hour (I say staying in bed since I never was able to fall back asleep and thus missed my workout for nothing :(

Things I'm Thankful For:
- Baby kisses
- Siblings who, on occasion, can be coerced into kissing and making up ;)
- Cousin Y's enthusiasm for celery (which has inspired a veggie revolution among the 3-year old set in our house)

4 comments:

Susanne said...

It's so nice to read your blog : )

We only drink skim as well. I have a hard time finishing anything thicker.

I also LOVE your "gratitude" corner : ) I have a g-journal. It really has made my life richer to spend time thinking about how many wonderful things I have to be grateful for!!!

stef said...

If only Joe knew what he was starting with that gratefulness stuff, huh?

That is awsome that J is eating celery. Now Y refuses to eat dinner. What the eff?

Anonymous said...

What an interesting cross fertilization of 3 year old behavior

alexis said...

it is great to get little updates again, hourah for blogging regularly!!