Monday, January 19, 2009

So Much For Posting Every Day

In my defense, I've been in CO for the last week working my butt off and getting more and more fed up with my reservist job. I don't want to get into it now, but basically my immediate supervisor has some serious mental issues (she is sensitive to the point that it doesn't matter what I say or do, she seems to take everything the wrong way). I just have way too much on my plate to deal with someone so emotionally fragile, and I am seriously contemplating looking for another reservist position. I feel bad because I really like everyone else in the unit (my squadron CC and DO are both awesome) and the unit is about to undergo a UCI (remember that horrible inspection I went through when I was in LA; it's the same thing), and I fell like I'd be abandoning the rest of my unit. But, honestly, I can't take working for this girl any more. She said she felt like I didn't respect her and, truthfully, I don't.

Okay, enough about that. Glad to be home & back with my family. Hubs & the kids came up for the weekend but didn't make it past that ;) It's hard to cram a family of five into a hotel room for a week even though we upgraded to the 1 room suite. J&A kept each other (and everyone else) awake all night by playing with each other and getting out of bed every five seconds. Finally, Hubs gave up and abandoned me to return to a house where each maniac has their own bedroom, which limits their ability to get into trouble at night, lol :)

Food:
I'm going to make baked chicken & stuffing tonight w/some broccoli. So I'll pass along one of my favorite post-workout snack recipes instead:

Post-Workout Protein Pudding
Combine pudding (as described below), 3/4 cup fruit salad, and 1/2 cup kashi go-lean or slivered almonds & raisins, or granola. Yum!

For the Pudding:
1 pkg sugar-free instant jello pudding (I usually use vanilla, but you can try all kinds of combinations w/ different flavored puddings and protein powders)
2 cups non-fat milk
1 scoop whey protein powder, any flavor

Workout:
I have completed week 3 of Chalean Xtreme as of today. I think my eating last week realy threw my body off course, as I am not seeing any real results yet (as far as body definition). However, I have a really hard time sticking to my normal diet when I am traveling, and I ended up eating out a lot, so I'm going to chalk it up to poor eating and try to get back into the swing of things. I'l let you know what I'm seeing in another couple of weeks.

I know most of you think I am totally nuts when it comes to my obsession with fitness DVDs, but if you ever decide you'd like to give one a try I would like to highly recommend anything by Ellen Barrett. Her latest releases include the Yogini workout, but she has some earlier Crunch releases which are on sale at Amazon right now (I just picked up a couple that I had on VHS but not DVD) for like $6.99 a piece. Ellen's style is very fluid & graceful, and her cuing is amazing. She blends pilates, yoga, and dance so it is really wonderful for those days when I want to rest but feel like I shouldn't. Plus I always feel long, lean and graceful when I've done one of her workouts. And, best of all, they can be done by anybody at any level. You can just increase the movement and flexibility as you become more advanced.

Things I'm Thankful For:
-That I don't have to work at one of my particular jobs. Even if I decide to stick it out for a while, it just feels good knowing that I could say "shove it" any time I want :)
-7 more days in the BiL countdown ;) We do love Drew, but it is hard having another person around!
-We are going to Mexico in March for the 1st real vacation Hubs & I have had together since we went to San Luis Obispo two years ago when I was preggo w/A.I can't remember if I've blogged about it yet, but I am sooo excited!

5 comments:

Susanne said...

So sorry to hear about your boss. : (

I think that's one of the best things for me about not having been in the military. For the most part (of course this isn't entirely true) civilian bosses tend to be someone who has had to earn the position through experience and recommendation rather than time and rank.

As far as her being worked up about you respecting her, your job isn't to "respect" HER. That's stupid for her to even think that. Your job is to report to her, end of story. If she wants "respect." she should A.C.T respectable : )

You can tell her I said that ; )

Anyway....I'm glad if and when you get tired of it you can give them the finger and quit. Don't let your job wear on you. Life is too short!!!!!!!!!!

Laura said...

Well you already know how I feel about your reserve boss :) I think you'd be much happier at another unit... you just can't win with someone like her. She's got it set in her mind that you are a certain way or have a certain attitude toward her and it doesn't matter what you say or do, she'll read rudeness and insubordination into it. Even if she didn't feel that way, she's still a bad boss and you just don't need that in your life.

Anyway, sorry about all the eating last week! You always look thin and fit to me :) I can't wait to see your pictures from Mexico! I wish I was going!

stef said...

That is a boo about the reserve boss. Glad you are home with the fam and that vacay will be here before you know it!. Let's Skype this Sunday! ;)

Anonymous said...

Sweetie don't get all paranoid about us thinking you're obsessed with exercise DVD's. We don't think it - we know it :)

alexis said...

I agree with Sue & Laura - if it's not working and you have an option to leave, that's probably best.