Thursday, May 31, 2007

The World is Progressing, the Future is Bright and No One Can Change This General Trend of History

Mo' Baby News

Went to my final dr.'s appt yesterday, and I am finally dialated! 1 1/2 cm over here, folks. That's right, this baby could just fall out of me at any moment. Run in fear of my cervix! (Of course, as soon as I mention this to Hubs, he gives me this horrified look and says, "You mean it's open down there?"*) Then he makes the even bigger mistake of saying, "Well, you can't have the baby yet. I am soo busy at work." Oh, really!! You're busy at work?? Well, I'll just cross my legs until next week if it's more convenient for you. Poor Hubs, he really has been having a rough time at work. His company is expanding rapidly, but they haven't hired enough people yet to deal with the workload, so he is doing the job of 4 people and trying to interview new hires all while worrying about when I'll go into labor. Of course, I am just totally occupied with getting this baby out, so I have a hard time mustering up any sympathy for his predicament.

*Seriously, you would think this man had never had children before!

Still a Pregnant Beeyotch

On a totally bitchy note, I am getting really tired of all those people who, once they hear how far along I am, say things like, "Oh, you're all belly." Okay, people, I know how much I weighed before I got pregnant and I know how much I weigh now, and there is no freakin way all that weight went straight to my belly. There is also the fact that my butt has expanded to nearly twice its normal size. I know they're just trying to be polite (I mean, seriously, no one ever says "Wow, you're all thighs and ass!"), but, really, it's not necessary to tell such obvious lies!

More Randomness Inspired by Boredom

Is it really sad that I think this guy is totally cute?
This is how life will be in the near future. Is it strange to think of your future in claymation?
Kobe finally asked to leave the Lakers. Can I have a minute to laugh my ass off?
I just like the word "moronitude."
Les aventures de Babar: Babar falls in with the wrong crowd.


**In the spirit of X & E's blog, extra points to anyone who knows where the title of this post came from.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another classic post. C'mon hubby, get your shit together and have even a modicum of sympathy for your pregnant wife.

Loved the links too!

Laura said...

So exciting! Maybe you won't have to be induced this time :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Pu and Tim, these are the stressful times in life but you two are resilient. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I was going to defend the nonpregnant people who comment on your belly (I imagine they don't really notice how the rest of your body has changed) but then I realized,"How could they possibly think it's polite to comment on any part of your anatomy?" More people need to read Miss Manners. Hang in there, Pu.

Susanne said...

Nikki, You're so proportionate!!

Susanne said...

LOL :)

Susanne said...

I try not to read thick books like war and peace.......

Anonymous said...

the quote belongs to Mao Tse Tung, I believe...By the way congrats on Alexander, what a cutie pie! =)