Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Rockin' the ORI

So the base had their ORI outbrief today, which means the inspection is officially over. I wouldn't even have brought it up, but I had to brag a little about awesome my organization is. Intel got 1 of only 2 Outstanding ratings for the entire base! Plus we had two outstanding performers (they only give those awards to the top 5% of the base, and since we only have a shop of 11 people, that's pretty damn good!). And, we won the professional team award for the base as well. We so totally rock!

Mommy Logic

C: Mommy, you can't change the radio to the talking station because me and J like music and that's two votes to one.
J: Eeeeeee!!!
C: See, that means 'I want music' in J-ese.
Me: Well, since I weigh as much as you and at least three of your sister combined, plus I have a baby in my tummy, it is actually 5 to 2 in favor of NPR so sit back and enjoy Marketplace, kiddo.

Parenting the 8-Year Old

My recent parenting commentary tends to center around toddler-dom, but parenting the 8-year old also yields some interesting observations. For instance, the average 8-year old is not very good at being subtle.

C: *opens snack cupboard and gasps with pure unadulterated joy* We have cheesy poofs??!!
Me: *doesn't look up from paper* Can't pull one over on you
C: *sighs longingly* I loooove cheesy poofs
Me: *still reading* They are tasty
C: *fingers bag lovingly* Cheesy poofs are soooo good
Me: That's why I bought 'em
C: I ate cheesy poofs at school one time with my friend Trevor
Me: Hmm
C: Yes, and they were the bestest snack I ever had!
Me: That's nice, dear
C: Bestest snack ever!
Me: *still reading* Mmm hmm
C: *long pause* Can I have some cheesy poofs?
Me: No

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie, it is so wild to see one's "little monsters" transform so completely over to the dark side. Welcome to the great adult/parent conspiracy. Hard to fight that 5 to 2 logic especially.
Also congrads on the fine performance for your Intel team.

alexis said...

congrats! I am so proud of my sister, who I don't know exactly what she does but she does it THE BEST, damn it.

Love the parenting logic, ah, but I do miss Marketplace!

alexis said...

heheheheh. "bestest snack EVER!" heheheh

stef said...

Lisa, seriously. These parenting conversations are hilarious. You have a gift for the comic timing.
If you keep it up maybe we can compile them into a small book. We can call it "Parenting by Pu".

Anonymous said...

Hah! I loved the cheesy poof conversation.

Laura said...

Dang, now I want some cheesy poofs!

Susanne said...

Cheese poofs ARE good.....

Pretty much the best snack ever....

alexis said...

I'd buy a copy!