Saturday, May 26, 2007

Bikini Babes












Long Weekend Round-up

So our weekend was actually pretty busy as I attempt to get all those last minute things done before the baby comes. Hubs bought a new car (Honda Element - pics will be forthcoming), which cost us just a bit up front and payments around what we were paying for his old sedan. I am not really much of a car person (I was happy driving around my mom's old '93 Subaru station wagon), but having a nice car is very important to Hubs. He works very hard (he had to telecommute all weekend thanks to a last minute request from the Czech Republic!) and it is always nice to have something that sort of reminds you that all that work is really worth it. And, I am happy to see him so happy! We also got some new dressers for the girls (our old ones were so broken C was only able to use 2 out of the 5 drawers in hers!) and had those delivered. We also totally rearranged J's room to accomodate the new furniture and to get it ready for the new baby. On Monday the sun finally peaked out from all that June gloom, and we spent the entire day outside in the "pool," so now I have a belly tan! :)
I am not up to staying on my feet for any length of time right now, so Hubs ended up grilling all weekend long. We had 1" thick porterhouse steaks, baked potatoes on the grill, and fresh zucchini sprinkled with olive oil and balsamic vingegar for our Memorial Day feast. Yum!

In Other Totally Random News That You Will Not "Get" Unless You Are a Member of My Immediate Family

We recently discovered that the only thing on television that will hold J's attention for longer than 2 seconds (besides Sesame Street) is Animal Planet (she literally watched about a half hour of the most recent dog show in absolute rapture), so we have had that channel on quite bit a lately. So, I was watching Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom the other day with C & J and we discovered there is, in fact, a group of animals known as the "Claw" family. The program informed us that anteaters are a member of said group. Then C turned to me and very excitedly said, "So is my Grandpa!"
C the Dietician
So, C is learning a lot about health and nutritian lately at school. I guess this is the new way the gov't is trying to prevent childhood obesity because she sure knows a heck of a lot more than I ever knew about healthy food choices at her age. This is all well and good, and I'm totally happy she is learning about good nutrition from a source that is apparently more credible than me. The only problem is the USDA has totally changed the way they rate foods. C recently asked me what food group tomatos fall in (they are a fruit, not a vegetable, a favorite trap of the young for their adult counterparts), so I answered Fruits & Veggies, right? Wrong, Mom! Apparently fruits and vegetables are no longer grouped together, they now segregated into their own food areas and must not be combined! Then we get into the more complicated foods, like lasagne or hot dogs. This must be how our parents felt after we all started coming home with "new math."

The Price is Wrong, Bob!

Can I just tell you how truly devastated I am that Bob Barker is retiring! I loooove the Price is Right (seriously, folks, I watch Flavor of Love: Charm School, what do you expect?). I used to watch it every morning when I worked shift work in Hawaii, and now I finally live in an area where I could actually go down and get on the show (Bob loves service people!), and he's retiring! The base MWR (morale and welfare)) sends people on trips down to the studio on a regular basis and one of my girlfriends went on the last trip they had in April and actually got on the show! She only won a chandelier, but, still, how cool is that!!?? I just want to spin the wheel!
Pimpin' More Foodie Blogs
My cuzins in Baltimore have started blogging, too! We're taking over the blogosphere, mwah ha ha ha ha. Ahem, sorry about that. Seriously, tho, if you love great food pics, check dis out!

More Randomness Found on the Web Whilst Sitting on My Ass

6 comments:

Xani said...

Thanks for the plug!

Great pics of the little ones...

X

Anonymous said...

Wow, I get to be in the same animal group as anteaters. I will have to share with C that I was promoting during one of my (ahem) chemical phases that Aardvarks were the most advanced life form on earth.

stef said...

The "Claw" family. That is awsome. Yeah, I don't get the car thing either but I am right there with you on that one. Our good friends have an element and they really like it.

Susanne said...

YEAY!! No one ever believes me when I talk about the Bonobo's having sex all over like it's no body's business.......

For some reason, every thinks I'm just pulling stuff out of my ass.....

At least you know I'm serious ;)

Erin said...

Thanks for the blog shout out! I am so excited about the new baby - finally a boy in the family! I'm sure you are MORE than ready to be done with the whole pregnancy things. Thanks for keeping us updated on how you're doing!

alexis said...

Thanks for the lovely link! It's even better without sound - I'll have to get the full action when I get home.