Monday, April 30, 2007

Latest Happenin's

I know, I know, you're all tired of hearing it by now, but I am just so sick of the pain. I feel like this is God's big joke on me since I just couldn't wait to get pregnant again. I can't imagine what life is like for people who live with chronic pain. At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel for me. I do have to give a big shout out to my wonderful Hubs, who puts up with me night and day and has had to pick up the slack since I am no longer capable of doing a lot of things. I seriously lost it the other day. The IG had started and things didn't seem to be going so well (we've since wrapped up with a lot of my programs and I got a coin -- a traditional military way of rewarding someone for a job well done -- and we also got complimented on how what a well run shop we have, especially considering out personnel turnover rate -- we are at about 36% manning!); I also woke up on Monday with what appeared to be a third eye in the middle of my forehead (I later discovered it was just a zit); then I discovered I had developed a medical condition that all pregnant women dread but no one ever wants to talk about (let's just say it was on my heinie and it was excruciatingly painful!). All these things combined with the sciatica and the fact that my once sweet and snuggable little baby girl has suddenly turned into this, and, well, I just lost it. I think I had a complete and total mental breakdown. Poor Hubs found me in the tub soaking my sore ass and sobbing uncontrollably. I think I just needed to have a good cry and let out all the frustration because I am feeling a little better now. Also, I broke down and said screw the $$ factor and have started getting a massage 1x a week. It is really more than I should be spending, but it makes a huge difference in my ability to walk and perform other normal, daily functions, so I guess it is worth it in the end!

In other news, I was perusing one of my favorite sites for workout DVDs when I came across this. While I found the idea of it hilarious, I have to wonder what the reaction would be if it were titled, The Fat Ass Wife Workout.

Second best commercial ever! I do stuff like that all the time! :)

6 comments:

Susanne said...

HAHAHAHAHA......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........


"Oh Hi!" HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

alexis said...

Oh you poor dear! This is just a brutal pregnancy. Only a little longer to go, thank goodness. How is Caitlyn baring up with all this?

stef said...

Oh honey. I'm so sorry you are so uncomfortable. Don't forget your hormones are in hyperdrive as well so that probably brought on the tears too. Congrats on your work thing! It must be a relief that all that work paid off. ;)

Anonymous said...

Just remember its only a few more weeks.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! I'm thinking of you and sending painfree thoughts your way.

Laura said...

Sorry to hear it's been so rough... at least you're coming to the end of the pregnancy and soon you'll have a beautiful little boy to do all those fun, messy, loud boy things with.