Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Dilemma Update

I wanted to post quickly to thank everyone who weighed in on my dilemma from last week. After our little exchange on Monday, I think BS realized how upset I was and didn't say another word about C for the rest of the week. Since she's only there on a very infrequent basis, I ended up deciding it wasn't worth it to possibly offend BS when really I can just avoid the issue by finding other care for Caitlyn when need be. In other C news, she saw her biological father for the first time in three years this last weekend. He came for two days and C stayed with him during that time. It was really bizarre for all of us. Hubs and I were kind of looking forward to having a C break, but we ended up bickering all day on Saturday and J is acting like a brat all day, so we end up not enjoying it at all. Finally, Hubs notes that we are all out of sorts b/c are family is out of whack w/o C around. We really missed her! Happily, she came back all in one piece, sad but seemingly normal and she doesn't appear to have been too affected by this whirlwind visit. I was very worried that we would be experiencing emotional outbursts or other behavioral problems following his visit, but it seems that I should have been more concerned about J as she is the one who has been a real cranky pants for the last couple of days (I think it is a combination of teething - her last baby teeth are coming in - and hitting a growth spurt - she has also been sleeping a lot as of late). A cranky 1 year old is no fun to be around!

Oh, and I totally meant to post this earlier, but I wanted to give a shout to to my big sis and my girl Susanne who sent me clothes for various kids. We so appreciate having such wonderful people in our life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey how about the bag man? I'm glad everything turned out reasonably well with the visit for C and all of you

alexis said...

wow, yeah. I can't imagine what that's like to go through as a child. Sigh, I wish I could fold up the earth like a sheet of paper and see you guys! :(

stef said...

Please give T and all the girls big hugs from us. Sounds like you all could use one...;)

Happy the clothes are of use...