Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Feelin Sorry for Myself

Okay, so I lied about doing some political posting. Maybe I'll get around to it one of these days, but I think I'm fooling myself when I say that. For some reason, this pregnancy seems like its been so much harder than my other ones. I'm just physcially exhausted all the time, I can't seem to remember anything, I keep getting sick (of course, everyone in the house is sick right now except Caitlyn, I swear she has the most incredible immune system!), I've been battling preggo depression/mood swings, and I'm totally panicked about having 5 kids and my MIL here this summer when we still don't know where we're going to be living!

At any rate, we did accomplish some things this weekend in spite of my lethargic mood of late. Caitlyn had a soccer game, and, although she didn't score a goal this time around like she did last week, her team (The Blue Lightning) creamed their opponents for the third week straight! We also did the obligatory hospital tour on Sunday, which lasted about 2 hours (and I still have to go in and pre-register, argh!!). I just wanted to ensure the availability of a private room (all of theirs are), where the maternity section actually was (always good to know before you go into labor), and what some of their policies were on different laboring techniques (they have a shower in each room, yay!). Since I'll most likely have to be induced again (having never actually gone into labor on my own before), it seems like this should be a fairly easy process even though its the first time I'll have given birth in a civilian hospital. Now I just have to figure out what their policy is on giving out multiple prescriptions for Percocet, and I should be good to go! ;)

6 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Percocet! Ha. That was good.

By the way, to get the links to work, use another browser to get the link and highlight it. Type the word you want to link into your blog, highlight the word and hit the button that looks like a planet with a chainlink on it (link...get it?). Then paste the real link into the pop-up window. You're good to go. Alexis inspired me to figure it out!!

alexis said...

hang in there lisa!!! Maybe you can guilt mom into coming up and helping with the kids?

stef said...

Ooo. yeah well. The only thing I can say is that stressing about this summer isn't going to help it happen any faster or easier. Try to find a zen spot if you can. Let Tim worry about that stuff and you just try to keep yourself sane till out little man gets here. Just a little while longer, and then it will all be worth it....

Anonymous said...

Please make sure you re-read your blog 10 months from now when the urge procreate returns.

Laura said...

Wow, it's nice that you get to give birth in a civilian hospital! We have to use the Army hospital here...

By the way, why don't you know where you'll be living this summer? Are you planning on moving?

Susanne said...

LOL...your dad is funny.

Sorry to hear your having such an exauhsting pregnancy. Your plate is pretty full though!!

I told myself pretty much all of the time that not feeling good meant the baby was doing really well!! He's using up your energy to get big and strong :) and he's taking your memory (i had that same problem!!) to make his brain big!!!

You know, with my next baby, I'm just going to pay to give birth in a birthing center. I don't think I'll ever trust having a baby in a military hospital again.