Friday, March 23, 2007

Sorry For the Lack of Posting

I promise I'm not relapsing into my old ways. The base has been exercising for the last week, and I have been heavily involved in it, so I have had little time for blogging and such. Now we're into the post exercise hot wash and after action report season (boo), and it's only 5 more weeks until the ORI! I know most of you are non-mil types, so let me make an analogy here. Going through an ORI (operational readiness inspection) is like having a really thorough anal probe conducted by a group of people with ten thousand checklists and if you don't answer their questions correctly you get zapped with a taser. Okay, maybe it isn't quite that bad, but it's close! So forgive me for the lack of blogging. I promise a diatribe on the sad state of American politics in the face of this latest scandal (8 US attorneys fired for less than clear reasons -- gotta love the fact that the incriminating e-mail trail includes info from one "Scooter" Libby!) But, for now, I have an exercise evaluation report to write. Someone tase me, please!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or a daily colonoscopy for another analogy

Susanne said...

Hey aren't you doing space intel??

Maybe you can release some of that alien info like the french ;)

alexis said...

wow, really wish I'd read that metaphor after I'd finished breakfast...

stef said...

here's hoping you avoid the taser...