Friday, March 09, 2007

This is My Life as a Mother Girl

Despite my prestigious job and exceedingly high intelligence (and modest, don't forget about my modesty ;), I am totally and completely addicted to what is clearly the least intelligent show on television: America's Next Top Model (unless you count I Love New York...which I also watch). So if you don't get the above reference, really, you should feel quite good about yourself. And if you do...well, now I feel better about myself ;) Anyway, the whole point of this post actually has nothing to do with reality tv, modeling, or really anything I've typed about so far and, in fact, has a lot more to do with pooping. Now, I realize this is becoming somewhat of a regular topic here at Pu's Corner, but you must realize that we are in the midst of potty training a toddler, and I feel you all should at least be greatful that I haven't posted at length about the issue of pregnancy and pooping. So quit whining! Ahem...sorry about that.

Anyway, Jocelyn has now established a regular pattern of pooping in the tub, which has become increasingly less funny each time it happens. She is apparently as unhappy with this turn of events as I am since she starts crying every time it happens. I think her crying is partially becuase Caitlyn tends to freak out when this occurs (and rightly so. I, as a xx yr old woman wouldcertainly freak out, so I can't really blame an 8-year old for getting upset when someone poops in her bath water) because last night she (Jocelyn) kept going, "Ewwwww!" as I cleaned up the mess. I did manage to catch her mid-poop this time and sit her on the toilet, which she seemed fairly nonplussed with. She had another small poop in the toilet and we waved bye-bye at it as I flushed it down the toilet. What I can't figure out is what is causing her to keep pooping in the bath? Is it the warm water, is it the time of day, is it some wierd psychological baby thing? I don't know! So how can I prevent it from happening again? She obviously doesn't like it when it happens, so she isn't doing it on purpose, and I'm getting darn tired of cleaning out the bath tub (not to mention the fact that its just kind of gross). So, that's the big news from Pu's house (pun intended). Maybe it will make you all feel a little bit better about your own lives (I know that's how I feel when I watch ANTM!).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This will serve as a formal notice concerning any implied verbal contract between Dad (Contractee) and Pulisha (Contractor).

Whereas Contractee makes use of the premises of Contractor and has occaisionally provided childcare of offspring of Contractor, such childcare is not contractually agreed to and is offered only in the spirit of goodwill.

It is specifically not included in the contractual arrangement in any case where above mentioned offspring of Contractor initiates, facilitates, or is the cause of on-going distribution of fecal matter into fluid containment vessels, with or without other Contractor offspring.

Pulisha said...

Does this notice include Wife of De-Intimidator or is she still up for grabs? ;)

alexis said...

Wife of the De-Intimidator, that's a fantastic title.

Man oh man, you and Stef are determined to dissuade me from ever baring children, aren't you?

stef said...

hmmm. Do you guys have bath time at the same time every night? It may just be that her poopin' time and bath time are coinciding.

Laura said...

Not to compare your child to my dog... but we're having a similar problem with Oscar. We'll wait forever outside with him for him to poop, but apparently he prefers doing it on the kitchen floor. We're trying to bribe him with treats for going outside, but I don't know if that works with toddlers...

Pulisha said...

Ha ha, its funny you should mention it. I have always compared toddlers with puppies, as they seem to have the same mental capacity and sense of reasoning! Maybe it is a timing thing since we do tend to have bath time at the same time every night.