Thursday, January 23, 2014

Finally Not Pregnant!!

Baby N born 1/21 at 413pm weighing in a 6lb even, 19 3/4" long with a sweet little face that truly makes everything worth it! :)


After such a difficult pregnancy, my labor and delivery was super easy. I was up all the night on the 20th in a very long, slow labor (although I didn't know it at the time). My contractions were coming very sporadically, like every 30-45 minutes or so, so I just thought they were super shitty Braxton Hicks. They started at about 9pm and kept going but didn't get any closer together, so eventually I gave up hope and went to bed. The night was awful. I woke up every 45-60min to have a super strong contraction, try to pee and then stay up to try and time the next one except that the next one wouldn't come. I had a regular dr appt the next day with my midwife, so I just went in as usual. When she did her normal check to see if I was dilated, I was shocked to learn that I was at 5cm! My midwife recommended that even though I wasn't having regular contractions that I go ahead and be admitted to L&D. I would have gone home and tried to wait it out except that the snowstorm was hitting, and I was afraid that once active labor started I wouldn't be able to make it back to the hospital! Turned out to be a good decision because after monitoring me for a while and my contractions not going anywhere my OB broke my water and N was born about 45 min later. It took a total of 2 pushes and he was out! By far the easiest delivery I've had. Almost makes me think I could do it again! (don't tell Husband I said that ;) N is just perfect (not that I'm biased!). He looks just like A did when he was born, and I am so in love. I was worried about caring for a newborn again after so long, but it turns out some things come right back to you while others … (BF - no problem; remembering how tightly to put on the diaper - er, we're learning that the hard way).

4 comments:

alexis said...

so happy for you guys and so happy to hear the labor was a breeze! Definitely you earned it after your pregnancy was so rough. I can't wait to meet him though I guess he will be a little cruising nearly 1 year old by then!

Bernice said...

Glad it went well. What a darling baby.

Michael Podolny said...

What a beautiful picture and so glad the delivery was easy after such a hard pregnancy.

Nomads By Nature said...

Congratulations on your newest addition! He's a total cutie!