Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Not Sure If You're Getting Older? Just Ask a 7 Year Old

Today in the car, J and I were eating pomelo.

J: *thoughtfully* I like pomelo. It's just like eating oranges.
Me: Well, they are both citrus fruits. Like lemons and grapefruits.
J: They both have little pods, and peels, and lines...just like you, Mommy.
Me: ?? I'm a citrus fruit?
J: Well, you have lines like a citrus fruit. Right here *points to the crows feet by my eye*
Me: Awesome, thanks, kiddo.
J: Your welcome. Oh, and you have some more by your mouth.

Also, my favorite commercial:



This is totes our family...if we were bananas. I mean in the literal sense.*

*Figuratively, I'm pretty sure we couldn't be any more bananas. 

3 comments:

alexis said...

I'm sorry, J is 4. She will forever be 4 in my mind. she cannot be 7 already.

Daniela Swider said...

Kids say the darnest things, don't they. Sometimes I wish mine had filters... just for the feel-good factor of it. But I do love them to pieces!

Michael Podolny said...

Yes, that commercial definitely reminds me of your family :)