Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Finally Here!

Well, as you may have guessed, we are finally here in Florida and getting settled in. We arrived at the house on Saturday, and our household goods arrived on Tuesday..not too shabby! We've already put most everything away. The only things left are our bedroom and the garage, which promises to be a nightmare. We downsized quite a bit in square footage, so many things will have to be stored in the garage and we have yet to figure out where everything is going to go. The kids are already loving the pool, and C will have her first day of school tomorrow. I elected to put her into a small Montessori private school since the elementary school we are currently zoned for (considered one of the best in Florida) is due to be closed down this summer thanks to budget cuts. I didn't want to put her into yet another school only to have her switch again next year and be bussed into the city to what promises to be a school of much lesser quality. At her new school, C will only have six students in her entire class! Plus, this school goes from toddler to middle, so both A and J will attend with her next year. Nice to be able to keep them all in the same place! We've also visited our community center and gotten our rec center id cards so the kids can start using those resources. There is a year-round competetive swim team that meets at our local pool, so I've contacted the coach to see if we can get C signed up. The community center also offers a gym that Hubs can use and many childrens classes for a low fee. I'll probably hold off on those until I know what my new work schedule is going to look like. Speaking of which, I still have another 6 days before I start work. I don't think I've ever gone without working for so long, and I still feel like it's going to be a squeeze to get everything done that needs to get done! Sorry so short for now, I promise to write lots of updates as soon as I get more time!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the kids have lots to enjoy at the new place.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that things have settled down a bit from earlier in the week. Low cost activities are a plus!

Laura said...

It sounds like everything's going really well! I'm glad to hear you made it down there okay and everyone's getting settled in :) C's new school sounds awesome! I can't wait to see some more pictures of the house. Good luck with your first day of work!

Bernice said...

My two children had a couple years in Montessori. I think it can make for a lot more enjoyable education and less stress for them too. Glad to hear you are almost settled.

Susanne said...

Happy to hear you've made it : )

You can't go wrong with a Montessori education. Sounds like a great community.

Dang girl, call me on one of these many days off that you have!!! What else are you going to be doing with all of that free time LOL ; D

alexis said...

wow, that sounds so great! Here's to continued flourishing in FL for your family :)

stef said...

Well it sounds like you've got an awful lot accomplished already. That's awesome!

Dad said...

Glad to hear about the schooling - I think that is going to work out well for all of you and the low cost activities close by sounds great.