Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas is much on the mind as it is fast approaching & everyone is coming to our house this year since my parents are having massive house renovations (see De-I's blog for more updates). We haven't been aking as much as usual this year since my moms is so close and she is a way better baker than I could ever hope to be. After coming across this on you tube, however, I felt like I had to make some cupcakes. Ah the power of music ;)

As a side note, I have been listening to Christmas music non-stop for the last few weeks, and it seems to me that they feel it necessary to play the same versions of songs every day (kind of like regular radio most of the time). But it seems odd since there are so many wonderful carol interpretations out there. For example, I have yet to have hear one James Brown Christmas Carol, and, surprisingly, they haven't played this holiday favorite. Oh well, maybe next year.

I already bought myself my Christmas gift (Chalean Xtreme from Beachbody in case you were wondering), but if this were available, I would totally want it for Christmas...or Hannukah, we're equal opportunity in the Pu household. Yay for blended families! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the second carol should be something you play for your boss - I would seem most appropriate.

Mom's copied it to her iPod to play for C, J & A on Christmas Day.

I've gone on line to find that gift you asked for but I can't find it. I could so totally see you as the Tina Fey character.

Susanne said...

Nikki,

Do you even have 60% of you body fat to lose?? I doubt it!!

Lucky for me the baby uses ever ounce of fat I put into my body....maybe next year I'll consider considering a work out program : )

stef said...

Hmmm. Maybe i will hit you up for some of your reject fitness DVD programs while I am there...

Laura said...

Yeah, I get sick of the radio Christmas carols too... that's why I've been taking my ipod along in the car... I have quite a collection of Christmas carols and most of them never get played on the radio for some reason.

Anyway, I hope you at least get out of work early today so you can enjoy your Christmas Eve!!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I love that SNL commercial and laughed so hard I cried when I saw it live. My favorite part is the scrolling text which says "Inform authorities when your period is imminent." That's just good stuff.

Let us know what you think of that workout regimen after you get into it.