Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Glendale Gaffe

So we lost. I had a bad feeling that going to see our beloved Bills in person might jinx the whole undefeated thing. In our defense, our QB (Trent Edwards) went down on the second play with a concussion (and still managed to complete that pass!) and it seemed like the entire team just said, fuck it, we're screwed without Trent. And so they were. The offense couldn't get anything going and the defense just got exhausted after all the constant 3 and outs.* In spite of the loss, we still had an awesome time in Arizona.

It was a gorgeous and sunny 85 degrees (yet still freezing inside the Dome. WTF, Pheonix!?)

We literally sat 5 rows up froom the field (the better to see JP get sacked, oh ho!)



Had a great time with my FIL & BIL

And, we managed to get on tv! (the DVR is the best invention ever!)

*Ya know, we Bills fans have gotten bit greedy with all this glory. If you had told me last season that we would be 4-1 going into the bye week, I would have been ecstatic. So I really can't complain. Besides, the bye gives us a chance to get healthy and come back strong in week 6. Go Bills!

8 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Smiling while you're down 17? What kind of fan ARE you?? Seats look nice!

85 degrees for a game? That's about 40 degrees too warm!!

alexis said...

If you had told me 15 years ago I would see my middle sister smiling in a football jersey on the jumbo-tron, I would have bet a lot of money against that.

glad you guys had a good time!!

stef said...

That is awesome that you guys got on TV!

Anonymous said...

That's so cool that you were on TV!

Laura said...

As usual I don't have anything to contribute to the football conversation... but it's awesome that you got on TV!!

Anonymous said...

I believe the gods who over see the protection of babysitting parents wrought there revenge on the Bills and their fans.

Susanne said...

LOL....De-I you always have me laughing out loud!!!

You two are such a good looking couple!!

Pulisha said...

LVC - I know, I bet there is a bounty out on my head in Buffalo! ;) Oh, and we had 5th row seats, pretty frickin' awesome!

Dad - I knew there was some bad juju when I came home and found Mom half dead on my couch ;) I guess we reap what we sow! :)