Friday, September 26, 2008

Random Musings

All day long I notice little things that would be great topics for blog posts and, then...well, apparently I don't blog about them! I did want to mention that I had an okay trip up to the Springs. Some positives: I got to see my awesome friend, L, who took care of A for me while I was working my UTA weekend (you can see her musings on the ordeal here ;), we had a mini-Det 910 reunion where I got to catch up with some old friends, I went to a great conference on space intel (one of the first I've been to that I actually thought was worth my time, plus I saw my old bosses from SMC and from Misawa) and..um..it didn't rain too much. The negatives: billeting totally screwed up my reservations resulting in a lot of pain and my Sq/CC actually having to physically go down to billeting to demand that they honor my reservation so A and I could have a place to stay, we had a big visitor come through that got dumped in our laps at the last minute due to someone else's incompetence and then said person tried to make it look lie it was all our fault! (eventually got straightened out but very stressful when you are new to the unit!), I had A with me in the same room the whole time (I had originally reserved TLF so we could have separate rooms but obviously that didn't work out as expected), which is not really that fun when your 1 year-old snores!, I missed the first 2 Bills games (4 and freaking 0, baby! I can't wait to go see the game in Glendale next weekend!!!), and then I came home to find that my project had undergone some major changes while I was away that I didn't totally agree with but couldn't do anything about since it had already been briefed at the next level. Grrrrr!

Something awesome I would like to note: I attended a change of command for one of our squadrons while I was there and I couldn't help but notice that the minority CC was handing over to another minority CC (a Vietnamese immigrant whose family fled from Saigon and who waxed eloquent about what it meant to him to serve the United States). Additionally, the conference I attended had 3 full bird Cols in attendence...all 3 were women. How freaking awesome is that! (for you non-mil types, Col is just below General so it is a way big deal) Where else do you se such diversity (no where but the mother fuckin' AF, people, that's where!)

Tv Musings

"If there's something wrong with me, then society made me this way." - *sigh* Oh, The Office...how I have missed you.

Tyra, Tyra, Tyra. I watch America's Next Top Model to escape from my life, not to be given a lecture on who to vote for. Besides, do we really want the target audience for a CW show taht promotes curly, red hair as "edgy"to vote for our next president???

My DVR bumped off all the Project Runway episodes I missed while in CO, WTF happened to Kenley? Why is she such an incredible bitch now? In other news, go Jerell!

I learned over the course of watching House reruns every night at the hotel that I freaking love House...also, I should really go to the doctor more often becuase now I am totally paranoid.

In Other News...

I have decided that I'm tired of looking in the mirror and not being happy with what I see. So I've decided to just accept myself as I am...ha ha ha ha! Really got you there, didn't I? No, don't be silly, I could never manage that, so instead I am going to attempt to try to stick to a new workout/diet plan called P90X (google Beachbody if you're curious). I actually bought this system a few years ago before J was born and had great results, but it is hard to stick with because I get really bored with the workouts (oh, and I fucking love chocolate). However, I have come to the conclusion that I'm not unhappy with my weight, I just unhappy with my shape. I want a tighter tummy and thinner thighs, but I don't really want to lose any more weight. After seeing some of the results other moms got (I belong to a video fitness website...yes, I know, I am a huge dork), I figured maybe I have been training all wrong for the kind of body I want. I guess we'll see what happens!

7 comments:

alexis said...

LOL - Lisa, lisa, lisa. SIGH. Well, I guess we all have our demons to wrestle. I am happy with my body (helps when you live in the Netherlands, TRUST ME) but I am never satisfied with other aspects of my life.

I hope we get some time together when I am there in NM in Dec!

stef said...

I would say you are psycho- because I see your pictures and immediately go into a shame spiral about how fat I am. But then, obviously I am psycho too.

Nice to have a big fat post from you!

Anonymous said...

I think we should all just be psycho together - then when we get together we can have a wonderful reunion with lot's of unsweetened oat flakes and prune juice.

Anonymous said...

BTW - How about some sort of glossary for all us non-mil types so we have the slightest idea of what the first part was talking about.

Laura said...

I've seen you several times now in the last few months Nikki and every time I'm amazed by how skinny and tiny you are--you look fantastic to me! However, I hope that your new program gives you the results you want because I know it doesn't matter what any of us say if you're not happy.

I had a great time seeing you while you were here. I hope your next trip out is less stressful work-wise! (Speaking of your next trip, is that going to be this coming weekend? I can't remember...)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, chocolate...

Bernice said...

Great update on your life. I enjoyed it.