Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Life Goes On

Not much to say on the homefront. Life is progressing as usual. Work is crazy, kids are driving us nuts, etc. J is growing up so quickly. They really progress quite fast at this stage I think the Montessori day school we have her in now* is really helping because she has really started to formulate a certain amount of logic which she applies at random.

Toddler Logic:

J: *sitting on my bed staring out the window* Shhhhh, Momy. There are dinosaurs there and they will get us.
Me: There are! Oh no, are they coming to eat us?
J: No, they just go roar. That's all they do.
Me: They just roar?
J: Yes, they roar. Roar. Like that. That's how they do it.
Me: Well, are they going to scare us?
J: Yes. I will be scared becase they have big teeth and go roar.
Me: Big teeth! Ohhhh, that is scary.
J: Yes and then they brush their teeth. Like that *pretends to brush teeth* That is how they brush their teeth.
Me: Hmm, I wonder if they use toothpaste?
J: Mommy, you so silly. They have dinosaur toothpaste and it is green because dinosaurs like green. I have princess toothpaste and it is pink because I like pink.
Me: I wonder how they brush their teeth with such short little arms?
J: *thoughtfully* I think their mommies do it.

9 Year Old Logic:

C: Mom, I, like, totally have to go see High School Musical 3 when it comes out. It is going to be soooooo awesome!
Me: What happened to HSM 1 and 2?
C: *gives me the duh look* Uh, they're already out on DVD, Mom. But this one is going to be in the theater, and I can't wait to see it! Squeeeeeeeeeeee!
Me: I think you just popped my eardrum, also how are you planning to go see this movie?
C: *thoughtfully* I just won't eat for a week and I will save all my money and buy a ticket.
Me: Oookay. Supposing you could actually go a week without eating, how are you planning to get to the movie theater.
C: *shrugs* I'll just get my friend's mom to take us. Or, I could ask my grandma.
Me: *skeptically* And you think your grandma is going to want to se HSM3?
C: Um, yeah. It has Corbin Bleu in it, and he is, like, soooo dreamy!
Me: You're right, your grandma will definately want to see HSM3.

1-Year Old Logic:

A: Ahhhhh, goo ga ba ga ba. Heee heee heee. Mama?**

*Just PT, that shit is expensive!
**I couldn't very well leave A out even though there is clearly no logic to what he says ;)

5 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Everyone knows dinosaurs use green toothpaste. Duh. They like green and many eat plants (especially the roaring kind) which are also green. I saw it on the Discovery channel last week.

Susanne said...

: b

What is it with dinosaurs? I'm pretty sure it should be listed as a developmental stage.
1 Year Olds = Rocks, sticks, leaves
2 Years Old = Elmo
3 Years Old = Dinosaurs

Just call me Jung.

alexis said...

LOL!!!! I can't wait to see you guys in December - I cannot believe how big the kids are getting!

stef said...

Hee hee hee. These kid conversation posts are always my favorite. Thank goodness HSM3 will be old news by the time we get there. i can't wait to see Miss D and J in action together!

Bernice said...

Those conversations are great. It really shows their personality.