Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Finally!

Only a week in advance, but still...we have orders! It's official folks, I will be released from active duty as of next Friday and we will be on the road to our new life in New Mexico. We're excited, anxious, nervous, trepiditious, etc, etc... We also have our home 'puter back, so I am planning to download all our pictures tonight and will start posting some seriously cute kids as soon as possible. C also had her 9th birthday on the 31st, but we celebrated on the 28th with her very first slumber party. Let's just say my brilliant idea of having the kids build their own cupcakes and letting them eat as many as they wanted so I wouldn't have any leftovers didn't seem all that smart at 11pm ;) The kids had a great time, though. All of C's friends were quite enamoured with J and she spent the entire night partying away with the big kids, rockin' out to Hannah Montana and watching C's new High School Musical DVD (gifted from the g-parents). Pics to come soon...

6 comments:

alexis said...

wow. that is so exciting to be taking such a big step. And it means I definitely get to see y'all at least once a year during x-mas!

Anonymous said...

C - 9 years old - holy moly, that makes you - yipes geologic and me astronomic!

stef said...

Congrats congrats congrats! I know that must be a huge relief. Oh my on the slumber party...

Bernice said...

Several people have told me the saying "Change is good". It usually is, but may be hard work getting there. I am sure you and the family will adapt well. And going to Albuquerque. How great is that.

Susanne said...

Slumber party??? Sounds like FUN!!

Greg's two favorite things in this world...The Redskins and Hanna Montana. LoL

Hopefully our New Year's Card makes it to you before you move!!

Laura said...

Oh my gosh! It's amazing how quickly this is all happening. Best of luck on your move!

I was just remembering some of the sleepovers I had as kid and I would not want to be my mom trying to deal with all those girls! Sounds like they had fun though :)