Friday, December 28, 2007

New Years Resolution

This year I'm going to try something different for my New Years resolutions. Usually I give the half-hearted attempts at proclaiming things like this will be the year I hit the X pound mark or this will be the year I get off my ass and learn how to really cook. But, come on now, we all know that shit is never going to happen.* I have three kids and I work full time. It's time to stop fucking around and get down to business. This year I pledge to be a more devoted mother, a more loving wife, a more caring daughter and sister. This year I take a break from pledging to better myself for the New Year. This year I will work towards a better life for my family and more stability for my children. 2008 - the Year of the Pur.



* I will still, however, be majorly jealous of my awesome sister and covet her ability to things like this

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In spite of your feelings of not doing enough (think you got that trait from you Mums), anyone who knows where you've come from and what you went through to get where you are today thinks you are an awesomely accomplished lady. And I do applaud your goals which are things we should all have on the front of our life's list (with the appropriate change of gender if you're a guy)

Laura said...

Really, these goals you've set for yourself are so much better than losing weight or being a gourmet cook. In the end, those aren't the things that people will remember. And I agree with your dad, you're already wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you. So many people never figure that out.

Susanne said...

I hope your New Year is filled to the brim with the love and joy that family and CHILDREN bring!!

And I hope you have a year full of humor!!! (To make it through those moments where the love and joy aren't quite recognizable hehe)

stef said...

I never do the resolution thing, but I might have to copy you on this one. ;)

alexis said...

I never do resolutions, but I did goals last year and I will probably do them again this year. And I would say don't compare yourself to our overachieving Eldest :) ! We lead full lives, you have a lot of kiddos and we make the choices we have to with our free time.