Friday, December 07, 2007

Will Post Pics Soon

Sorry for (again) the length between posts. We were here celebrating 60 fabulous years of Dad and eating like I've never eaten in my life (caviar, foie gras, and truffles, oh my!). I can easily say I have never had such an amazing culinary experience in all my life, and I can only hope that another such one will be on the horizon sometime in the future (after I've managed to work off this last one, so, at least another couple of years ;)

News on the job front is imminent; however, I am still working out some of the details. I am a little sticious at heart, so I will refrain from making any huge announcements until I have a signed contract in hand.

Pu on Reality TV (literally)

Okay, ya'll know how much I love Survivor, and I always get a little misty when they have the episode where they bring on the contestant's loved ones, but I can't help feeling a little bitter, too. After all, these people have all chosen to be away from home to play a game for a chance at winning a million dollars. Also, they have only been away from their loved ones for like 30 days. 30 days, people! Seriously, they're crying like they've been away for years. Don't they know there are thousands upon thousands of airmen, soldiers, and sailors who leave their homes for up to 18 months to go to a war zone, and they sure as hell aren't expecting to come home with no million dollars. They'd be pretty happy to just come home in one piece. It literally made me sick to my stomach (despite the fact that maternal hormones still made me tear up at their reunions, I'm such a baby!).

Also, they got rid of Chris on Project Runway. WTF! Seriously, last week Ricky's outfit wasn't even sewn together, and this week it looked like an 1980's playboy centerfold threw up on his model. Please. What are the judges smoking this year?

And I'm still so devastated about Heather's ouster from ANTM, I can't even comment on the fact that Chantal is in the top three (okay, seriously, she's a freaking moron with an annoying giggle and 70s shag bangs. What is up with Tyra!!??)

6 comments:

Susanne said...

:( I haven't been able to watch Project Runway this season...


Yeah....anything less than 6 months just seems like a blip on the radar as far as separation. *Especially* if there is no excessive danger of being blown up involved.

But of course, you're hearing this from the woman who is proud that I spent ONE 8 hour stretch away from my baby LOL.......

Susanne said...

Oh yea....apparently, shag bangs are REALLY in....You should get some ;)

Susanne said...

I know....can I stop commenting?? LOL


But I needed to say that I heard, via Martha Stewart that truffles are crazy expensive this year......

So you are indeed one lucky girl who seemingly had one amazing meal that I will not deny I am envious of :)

stef said...

I have to disagree. i think that jacket was turrible and the judges done good. It will frankly be amazing if ricky pulls it out on the next challenge. They both need to go actually.

alexis said...

I hate when you people post about television shows I have no access to. :(

Guess I'll have to go smoke some legal mary J to console myself! HAHAHAHAH

Laura said...

I didn't mind seeing Chris go... he hasn't really done anything overly impressive and I'm sure Ricky will be next. I actually wouldn't have minded seeing Victoria go, just because she's annoying and kind of a bitch.

As for ANTM, it's kind of understandable that they got rid of Heather. She took amazing pictures, but couldn't function on her own. She only made it to ONE Go-See. I'm glad they got rid of Bianca too, she was starting to get on my nerves. I think the top 3 are a little weak overall this cycle though.