Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Decisions, Decisions

So I promised job news soon, and here it is (drum roll, please): We've decided to move to Albuquerque! No, seriously, we really are moving to Albuquerque. I know I swore I would never move back there, but it's amazing how your perspective changes as you age. The cost of living, beautiful weather, and the fact that we would be close to family are all contributing factors which have made Albuquerque a very attractive place to live. Plus, I got offered a very nice job there, which always helps ;) We are very excited for our upcoming move and are now starting to panic as I requested a separation date in early Jan, so it isn't that far off! I am still planning to stay in the Reserve, as I have enough years towards retirement that I would hate to sever ties altogether and have to start over, so I am working that issue now.

Anyway, I know I promised to post those X-mas pics, but our computer has taken a shit on us, so I don't know when I'll get a chance to access them to post them. So you'll just have to wait!

The Case for Childlessness

From time to time, my children tend to do things which make me wonder why I ever had children in the first place. On Friday, A got sick and puked carrots all over himself and his carseat. Not to be outdone, J puked 3 times Friday night to such an extent that we chose to simply throw out her pack n' play rather than try cleaning it. Clearly these two are going to be competition for each other because A was not about to let J get the one up on him and chose to contract explosive diarrhea, which has yet to let up. Seeing that her two younger siblings were getting a lot of attention, C decided that Monday night was the perfect night to show she's still in the running for child who needs the most attention and threw up 3 times herself. Then J, after several days of being relatively illness-free, decided that Hubs and I were not losing enough sleep over waking up every 1-2 hours to change A's shitty diapers and we needed to clean up toddler puke again. Oh, and did I mention that Hubs and I were both sick as well? Fun weekend!

7 comments:

Susanne said...

Now I will absolutely positively go visit you. Greg and I have been talking for months and months now about taking a trip to Taos!!

And he's never seen beautiful Sandia Mountains!!

**********

I really hope you all start to feel better soon. I honestly never thought life could possibly be more miserable being sick while having a sick child.

I won't even pretend to know what that feels like times 4!!!

Bernice said...

Wow, things are happening fast, aren't they. Congratulations on the job. And being close to your parents!

Anonymous said...

You are aware of the New Mexico quarantine laws and that any visit to a relative in NM must only be done with a healthy family?

alexis said...

interesting, the onyl thing not getting things through the system is the computer (pictures). Congrats on the move, and yes that is insane that you are moving back there!

stef said...

Oh! that is so exciting! Congrats to you all. i will be crossing my fingers that you all are well and get some sleep soon!

Laura said...

It's funny how "home" looks different after you've lived away for a while. Coming back to Colorado wasn't necessarily my first choice, but now I'm so happy to be back here and near my family and I really appreciate the beauty of this state in a way I never did before. I'm sure you guys are going to be really happy back there :) I've never been to Albequerque before, but now you'll be in driving distance!

Anonymous said...

That is big news! Congrats, and I hope everyone is feeling better soon.