Thursday, November 01, 2007

Still Kickin'

Sorry I've been a ghost blogger as of late. October was a bit of a hectic month for me, and November doesn't look like it's going to be much different. In early Oct, my moms came to visit and we got to spend some serious quality time together even if it was only for a few days. Then mid-month was our huge base exercise, which I was very heavily involved in. I was pretty much incognito from even my own family for a week. Now we're in the after action & reporting phase (yippee). Next week I'm headed back to Omaha (my favorite place) for more exercise planning. Kids are all alive and well. C & J went to the dentist this past week and discovered they both have cavaties *sigh* So that's $800 out of pocket for dental expenses (god, I miss being overseas!). Evidently preemies and babies who have health issues during their last few months in the womb are more suseptable to getting cavaties because their baby teeth are not formed properly (a little bit o' trivia for ya). Unfortunately, because J is so young, they're actually going to have to sedate her so they can fill her cavaties. So I am taking the day off tomorrow (you're supposed to stay home with them to make sure there aren't any adverse affects from the sedation drugs) to be with her, so hopefully I will have a chance to post pictures then b/c I had some seriously cute Halloweenies this year.
C, J, & I were a coven of witches, and A was our sacrificial lamb (actually, he was more of a sleepy sheep --props to Sandra Boynton-- since he slept the whole time we were out trick-or-treating). We went with a couple of C's friends from school, and it was a lot more fun going with a big group of people. J had an awesome time. She was in total rapture that all these people were handing her candy, and mommy wasn't trying to take it away! :) She did have a small issue with normal Halloween protocal...

*We approach a sweet old lady handing out candy at her door*
Me: What do you say?
J: My candy!

Then, when we got up this morning, J sleepily rubbed her eyes and looked around in a dazed and confused manner. "Where my candy?" she asked. Clearly she has her priorities!

We also went to Hubs' friend's haunted house. Hubs participated in the event (he's the scary monster on the far left), and I brought the kids over after they were done tricks'n and treats'n. C tried to pretend she wasn't scared, but she refused to go back in after we went through it. J did NOT like it at all. Hubs' friend and co-worker was also participating and he jumped out to scare us, he saw J's lip start to tremble, so he immediately took off his mask and treid to reassure her, but she was having no part of it!




7 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like a great halloween! Can't wait to see your pictures :)

stef said...

Yes- I want to see the witches! Gosh- I haven't even thought about taking Miss D to the dentist yet. How old should they be before you take them for the first time?

Susanne said...

How fun!!

It was hard to tell if Christopher was scared or not, when scary costumes came to our door. He just sort of stared at them like they were crazy. (I've learned this is a good technique when people say stupid things LOL)

I haven't taken Christopher to the dentist either... :| I probably should....

You have to pay out of pocket for dental??

alexis said...

oh oh, pictures! What a totally hilarious story about hubs scaring his own daughter. Halloween is really really a great holiday for kids.

Anonymous said...

That's hubs costumer, that's pretty much what he looks like during a typical Buffalo game...ha ha :)

When in Omaha - the Paxton Chop House. Great shrimp cocktail and steak (an excellent veal chop as well). Expensive though.

Pulisha said...

Stef - you probably should take Miss D when you get the chance. Usually you take them when they've gotten all of their baby teeth in. I went ahead and took J, even though she still has 2 teeth that haven't come in yet, b/c C was due for her 6mos check up and check-ups are free for us.

Susanne - Christopher prob still has a little time before you have to worry about it. Although I was totally shocked that J had cavaties, so maybe going earlier is better? As far as the whole Tricare deal. It is not as good as they make it out to be! (Though it is still better than most) The military member is covered 100% and amilies are covered 100% while you are overseas. Here in the states, you pay a co-pay just like you would for any other insurance company. I ended up paying a lot for J b/c Tricare pays 80% of what they think the treatment should be. For example, our dentist wanted to use the tooth-colored filling, but Tricare only pays for 80% of the cost of the silver filling, which is cheaper. Lame!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Wait, your kids don't have their permanent teeth yet right? Those teeth are just going to fall out anyway aren't they? Do they even need to be filled?

I'm so lost on parenthood.