Thursday, November 08, 2007

Back to the Hollywood AF

Back home from Omaha. Still at home b/c, as per usual, the airline lost my luggage, so I had to wait here for them to deliver it. Oh well, at least this time they lost it when I was on my way home, so I'm not out of clothes or anything. I got home at about 10:30 last night, and Hubs was the happiest I think I've ever seen him. He rushed up and gave me a big hug, handed me 2 screaming kids, a dirty diaper, and a half-full bottle and ran out the door screaming, "Free at last!" Okay so maybe it wasn't quite that bad, but let's just say I was definately missed (although Hubs had to caveat that by adding, "At least the house stayed clean while you were gone."). J was super-excited to see me, but I couldn't help noticing that A seems to have more of an affinity for his BS than for me, and that just breaks my heart. I know it's only natural that A will be more in tune with the people he spends the most time with, but I can't help feeling devastated b/c that should be me! It's the trap all working moms fall into, especially when you have more than one child. I get so little alone time with A. Usually our time together consists of feeding him until he falls asleep. Even on weekends, my attention is divided between three kids and a husband, so we get very little solo time together. I know there really isn't anything I can do about it, but BS doesn't make it any better with her little snide comments about how A prefers it there and thinks of her house as his home. It just makes me want to strangle her (even though I know she's not trying to hurt my feelings).

Anyway, onto less depressing subjects. I'm getting some good job leads, but I don't want to jinx anything by saying too much. Let's just say there's a good chance we may stay here in LA in a non-mil capacity, but I'm also going to be making a trip to DC in the near future to explore some opportunities out there. I promise I'll keep you all updated as things progress.

Also, I must put in my 2 cents on the Next Iron Chef who is so obviously going to be Chef Besh. Not that I haven't enjoyed the show, but, honestly, there really hasn't been much suspense. Other than the very first episode, I have accurately predicted who was going home each week which sort of takes some of the fun out of it. I have to say, though, I am really looking forward to next week when they actually battle it out in kitchen stadium.

Now I'll leave you with some pics I've been meaning to post from when my moms & sis wuz here. Enjoy!







7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures - especially the one with all girl cousins.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the multi-child real world situation is a bitch but not matter what path people follow there are bitchy parts. Even Lakeview Coffee has bitchy parts to his life. Love the red hair combo of Mom and J. I'm hoping Michael Symon pulls the upset.

stef said...

Oh sweetie! i feel that working mom guilt and I only have one kid to lavish my attention on when I get home. It is suckeroo, that's for sure. Just remember that things will change as he gets older - you will become the important one again. How exciting about the jobs! i will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Laura said...

That's so obnoxious of your BS to make comments like that! You'd think she'd be a little more sensitive. No matter what you'll always be his mom and no one could ever replace you, but she may only be his BS for a few years at most.

I hope you got your luggage okay!

Susanne said...

I always admire you.

I still can't leave Christopher for more than a few hours : |

Bernice said...

Great pictures. Can't wait to have you visit in July. Now I will recognize everyone when they come to the door, instead to thinking they are neighbor kids coming to sell me something.

alexis said...

hang in there sweets! I turned out moderately normal and was the third child. You're doing great and A will be wonderful and love you the most after he's forgotten BS.