Monday, November 05, 2007

Postin' on the Road

Back in Omaha. Boo. Of course, no kids = yay. So it's not all bad ;) Poor Hubs. This is first time alone with all three kids, and I think they are eating him alive. I tried calling, but all I heard was, "Stop that! Get over here! Oh god, it's got hold of my leg! Aghhhhhh!" So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everyone's alive and in one piece when I get home :)

I keep forgetting to give a shout out to my sis, MR, who turned me onto this great kids show called Yo Gabba Gabba (I know, I know, I seriously need a life outside of my kids). Seriously, though, even if you don't have kids, you will love this show. It was totally designed for those of us raised in the 80's. Of course, all this Gabba Gabba time has started to affect other parts of my life. For instance, I can no longer eat without giving a shout out to my food. It's a little awkward since I usually eat lunch at my desk.

Me: Hey, sushi!
Me: *in a really high-pitched, sushi voice* Yeaaaaaah?!
Me: *in my normal voice* In my tummy, party party
Me: *in a really high-pitched voice* Yeaaaaaah!
Me: *dancing around my cubicle* There's a party in my tummy, so yummy, so yummy!
Random Coworker: Um...Are you alright in there?

It only get's really weird when I get to the part where my uneaten food starts to cry. Yeah, I know, I really need to get a hobby outside of my kids *sigh*

5 comments:

alexis said...

I am going to enjoy this mental image for years. For YEARS.

stef said...

Hee hee hee. To be fair, it was john that found that show. His latest favorite is a ska song about cleaning your room, "pickituppickituppickuituppcikitup!"

Laura said...

Sounds like a fun show... too bad I don't have any kids to use as an excuse for watching it :)

While you've got this break from the kids you should take advantage of it by treating yourself to a couple hours at a spa or something... they have those in Omaha right? ;)

Anonymous said...

I was totally going to get into this show until I realized you meant growing up in the 1980's not the 1880's

Susanne said...

LOL....

Life outside the kids?? *sigh*

I want one.

LOL.....