Saturday, July 30, 2005

Chicago



We ended up having a four hour layover in Chicago on our way back to Japan, so John and Stef were nice enough to open their home to us and serve us breakfast while we waited for our flight. They just bought their home a few months ago (just in time for Yelena's arrival) and are in the process of renovating it. I wish I had taken more pictures of the house itself but these ones of cutie-pie Yelena will have to do ;) At the family reunion, Yelena wanted nothing to do with me. Dad kept joking it was because she sensed the competition in my belly, but I think it was just that a very pregnant stomach is pretty uncomfortable. At any rate, she finally seemed to warm up to me in Chicago, so I got some pretty cute pictures for ya'll to enjoy.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa was just induced into labor a few hours ago. The baby is much smaller than she should be and the doctors were worried. I'm just writing to wish her and the child a good, safe voyage through the ordeal and that all our thoughts are with her right now.

We love you Lisa! We are waiting for you and the baby with lots of anxious love.

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I get to leave a happy message. Congrats on the healthy arrival of Jocelyn Aleksandra!!