Saturday, July 23, 2005

San Antonio

As you can see from the pics below, we had quite a time in San Antonio. I won't pretend it was easy having all three kids together, but they really got along great. Caitlyn was so good with Vanessa. It really put my mind at ease about how she'll react when the baby comes. She took so much joy in being a big sister. She and Tommy also got along really well. I think it was nice for them to have another kid there that was close to their age. Of course, they fought just like brother and sister, too, but mostly they just played together. I think it was harder on me and Tim than it was on the kids to adjust to having a combined family.

San Antonio itself is absolutely gorgeous. I never really appreciated it the few times I was there before (mostly since I was at Lackland). Tim and I both really liked the weather, the community, and the housing out there is phenomenal! Tim's kids are close by and my parents live in Albuquerque so we could go visit on holidays and long weekends. The only problem, of course, is the job market. Still, it's beginning to rival Maryland as the place we'd like to eventually settle down.

We took the kids to the zoo, to the beach, to Seaworld (which, by the way, is absolutely free for military members), to the circus, to an NBA game, just all the F over the place. And, now we're totally broke ;) Of course, some of that may also have to do with the fact that we spent well over $1,000 at Wal-Mart alone :) Most of that was on the kids, but we did purchase some tv on dvd for ourselves. Since AFN blows we spend most of our tv time watching old episodes of the Dave Chappelle Show and Family Guy (not to mention the Sopranos and Oz, we do love our HBO!). One of the nicest things about being back in the States was having regular cable again. How sad is that! :)

No comments: