Wednesday, June 01, 2011

So Tired

It's so crazy. This should be almost a vacation for me. No deadlines, no crazy people promising others that we will do things that can't accomplished, I don't even have to drive myself to work (yay FS shuttle)! Yet I am utterly exhausted. I can't figure it out?


I had my language test today. The language phone test I took as part of the hiring process was just a mini-test to see if I spoke at a reasonably appropriate level. This test a little over an hour and it was excruciating. It felt like my testers sucked every bit of Chinese knowledge out of my brain with one of those tiny little straws you get with your coffee and spread it out on the table...then they pointed and laughed. And that was just the speaking portion! It. Was. Painful.


So to lighen the mood here's a taste of the send off I got from work. First they gave me this really handy emergency booklet that I can use to help me out in my new jobs as an FSO:












And so forth...There are literally nametags in just about every language. I am so ready for this!



Additionally, I also received a wonderful book of top ten lists to remind me of all the wonderful things I have left behind, as well as all the wonderful things I have to look forward to:
















*BTW, I've added a little disclaimer into my intro for any random people wo happen to stumble onto my blog (and in accordance with State's official policy). I've also added some links to other FS blogs written by other people in my A-100. Enjoy stalking them!


2 comments:

Dad said...

Ok who is Wooten?

And you eat that much??

And it is so cool that they love you as much as we do (sob)!

All the new stuff - sucks the energy out of you.

alexis said...

yes, I second that it is really touching your colleagues will miss you so much.

And we are so excited to hear where you guys are going to end up... 26 June can't come soon enough. Make sure you post it here. We still have our fingers crossed (selfishly, granted) for Brussels.