Monday, June 06, 2011

Rollin' the Dice

Bid list is complete and sent. Where are we going? No freakin clue! But we'll be happy and together wherever it is :)

This weekend we went to the "beach." FL has spoiled us, and we have become complete beach snobs. We have missed the sun and sand so much, though, so it was nice to have a little bit of it back in our lives even if the sand was orange (J: Mommy, sand a sposed to be white). We also had a birthday party for A, who turned 4 on Sat. My baby is 4! I need a new one stat! I need to schedule a visit to see AinA post squiddo-birth so I can fend off these crazy hormones. 6 kids? I can't even begin to imagine.

We also hit up the Eastern Market. I took the kids by myself on the metro, and we had a blast. It was the first time for the two little ones on any kind of public trans (yes, I know, it is hard to believe that FL doesn't have a great subway system), and they were pretty enamored of it. We'll see how long that lasts.

This week I go to the Woods (actually it's an Army Reserve Base somewhere in WV, but they still call it the Woods). This is for a couple of days of leadership and team-building training, which is a highlight of A-100. I won't be missing the fam too much since they have already abandoned me to go to WI for my family reunion (I couldn't go since we aren't allowed to take leave during A-100). It is a little weird being in my own home without anyone around. I have spent a lot of time talking to the cat, lol. On a positive note, I have already finished all of my homework for the week (only 6 more months!). Now if only I could get the motivation to do anything else!

2 comments:

Dad said...

You were missed at the reunion :( sob, sob.

Especially by Hubs and I taking care of your 'babies' :)

alexis said...

yes, come visit us and Squidette! Since we understand from Tim that you'll have buttloads of holiday I am sure we can arrange a visit.

I second the missing you at the reunion thing as well!