Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Latest Thoughts & Random Musings

Food For Thought

Someone posted this question on a fitness forum I frequent, and I thought it was really interesting. What if you could go back and live for a day in your 21 yr old body, what would you do? If I could live for one day in my 21 yr old body I would either be pregnant again (no thank you!) or just out-of-shape. Amazing that in my mid-thirties and after 3 kids, I am in the best shape of my life. Is my body perfect? The answer is decidedly no (thank you hangy stomachy thing). I will never have perky boobs again or a completely flat stomach (short of surgery), but I jump higher, run farther, and lift more than I ever could in my twenties. Oh, and to answer the question, I would probably get drunk and make fun of old people.

Not Food For Thought

In other news, we are flat broke. Okay not flat, flat broke, but I made a boo boo this month wherein I accidentally paid all of the mid-month bills at the beginning of the month. Unfortunately, the beginning of the month bills did not give a rats ass and still wanted to get paid thus resulting in a loss of any discretionary income whatsoever. In addition to being lame (!!) it also means I have started coveting many things which are now out of reach* like the Vitamix. Can you imagine? You could make soup in your blender! You can throw in whole fruit without having to peel or chop!! You could make super-dooper green smoothies!!! Aghhhhh! I am overwhelmed by its awesomeness. I am also seriously craving a TRX. Check out the tutorial. You can even use it with your kettlebells, my latest fitness craze. Me wantee!! Ugh, okay enough about stuff I’ll probably never get anyway because I just can’t bring myself to spend $400 on a blender (no matter how freaking awesome it is!!!!).

I’ve toned it down a bit on my workouts mainly b/c we were all hit with the pooping disease** around Christmas time. As most diseases go, it does not hit everyone all at once but instead infects only one family member at a time thus ensuring you have to take the maximum time off of work and spend the maximum amount cleaning*** So, in reality, this lasted us a good month. I was also obsessed with preparing for my oral exam, which caused me such nerves that I had very little appetite even if I hadn’t been pissing out of my ass (er, too much?). Anyway, boils down to, it’s just now that I’m starting to pick up my workouts again. As I like to do every so often, here’s my current workout schedule:

1 – 60min Circuit Training
2 – 30min HIIT, 30min Kettlebells
3 – Long cardio (60-70min)
4 – 60min Circuit Training
5 – 30min HIIT, 30 min Kettlebells
6 – Rest
7 – Yoga/Fusion/Pilates

On a lighter and totally unrelated note to anything I have written so far, you MUST go here …immediately…I’m waiting…no I mean right now. This post in particular made me laugh until I cried (be forewarned, close talkers, I lick!), which was unfortunate since I happened to be reading it at work.
Coworker: Um, Pu, are you okay in there?
Me: *snorfle laugh* Yeah, yeah. I'm just *SNOOOORT hahahaha* errrr, reviewing this project proposal.
Coworker: My project proposal?

I also discovered that although I have seen about 60% of our great country, I have actually only seen about 6% of the world :( Here’s hoping that will be rectified sooner rather than later.


visited 30 states (60%)
Create your own visited map of The United States 60%

visited 14 states (6.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World 6.22%


*Not that I would purchase them anyway since I am notoriously frugal (read: cheap) thanks to my Mama’s upbringing (she used to make us clothes…and ones for our Barbies to match…I can’t even hem my clothes…craziness!!
**Exactly what it sounds like
***Remember we still have at least two family members who have only a tenuous hold over their bowels when not inflicted with the pooping disease (again, not naming names)

2 comments:

alexis said...

Okay, first that sucks about the bills, luckily a new month is just a month away. Second, you are nuts about the exercising, you know that right? :)

Third, pooping disease.... (shiver)

Dad said...

I should have read this post first before I read the one about the kids. Now I know where there craziness comes from - YOU!

And you get it from your Mother for sure :)