Monday, June 30, 2008

Toddler-Centric Post

This last weekend was actually kind of cool and overcast. We must be getting into monsoon season! It's a good thing actually, Albuquerque is dying for some rain. We did get a bit on Sunday accompanied by a little hail in some places, but it's not nearly enough to get rid of that pesky high fire warning. We took advantage of the cooler weather by not really ever leaving our house ;) Actually, we did take awalk over to visit with the De-I's on Saturday. After clearing them out of berries, we returned home to never again leave the house until Monday morning. We did do a movie night on Saturday where we camped out in the living room with hotdogs, popcorn, candy, rootbeer floats, and Dinotopia (don't ask). So we weren't complete sloths!

J amazes me more and more everyday with her vocabulary and understanding of the world around her. Some recent exchanges:

J: *runs up to me and hands me a handful of air* This your birfday cake.
Me: Oh, this is my birthday cake?
J: No! This your birfday. This my birfday cake.

Me: Look at the clouds. Aren't they pretty and so many different shape
J: Yeah, my like clouds. You like clouds, too?
Me: Yes, I like clouds, too. Mmmm, clouds look like big, fluffy marshmallows. Wouldn't you like to taste one?
J: Ew, clouds gross. Yucky. *wipes off tongue vigorously with dirt-covered hands* Thbbbpppt!

*Hubs and I are sitting in the lawn chairs in the backyard when J comes running up* Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, Daaaaaddeeeee!
Hubs: What!
J: Daddy, this is my friend Mommy.

Hubs: *tucking J into bed* Okay, night, night.
J: Oh no! Where my binky?
Hubs: *looks all over J's room, C's room, and A's room* I can't find it, J. You're just going to have to go to sleep without it.
J: Ummmm, what about kitchen?
Hubs: *checks the kitchen and dining room* J, I still can't find it, so you're just going to have to go to sleep without it!
J: Ummm, maybe big room*?
Hubs: Fine, I'll check this one last place but then you're done *checks every other room in the house* Sorry, J, you're out of luck.
J: *pulls out her binky from where she was sitting on it* Oh! There it is! My find it!
Hubs: I cannot believe I just got played by a two-year-old.

* big room = living room

5 comments:

stef said...

J with the binky is too hilarious. I can't wait to see all the little ones together- I can't believe it's so soon!

Laura said...

We once spent a weekend with a two and a half year old (and ten month old and their parents of course) and I think it's just such a cool age. It was amazing to me how much this little girl seemed to learn so quickly. I was just totally impressed how easy it was to teach her things and how much she picked up just in the three days we were there. I can't wait to see all you kids!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Tell J that clouds don't taste all that great. I had one while I was drunk on Saturday....nothing special.

That binky story is awesome.

Camping out in the living room! Score!!

Anonymous said...

Bad enough for Hubs dealing with the Buffalo sports news but being done by his 3 year old! Too much.

alexis said...

aren't you guys all in Ohio right now? roast a pig and toast a beer for me!