Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I'm Outtie

Quick post just to let ya'll know things are about to get crazier than normal around the Pu household (I know, I didn't think it was possible either). I am driving to CO on Thursday night for my reserve weekend (evidently our admin unit no longer exercises on the same weekend we do, so I have to go up a day early to take care of some admin-y stuff) and driving back Sunday night after a nice restful weekend of working. With just enough time to kiss my Hubs and remind my kids I'm alive, I then I fly off to Dayton Monday morning for a two day conference with a bunch of scientists (and if that sounds like fun...we are no longer friends ;) I'm flying back Wed night right after the conference ends (hopefully Dayton traffic is not too bad!) so Hubs doesn't have to suffer another day with the urchins whilst I'm off frolicking among my, um, work. Bleh. Anyways, I'll see you all in a week!

8 comments:

Susanne said...

Enjoy your time in CO and Dayton!!

and tell Tim good luck!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute! I think hanging out with scientists sounds like loads of fun. I mean, if they're not physicists it won't be as much fun as it could be, but still...

stef said...

Well enjoy your time to yourself if you can. Those opportunities are few- and even though you will be working the whole time I hope you get a minute to relax with your own thoughts for a change. :)

Unknown said...

Drive safe! I wish I was there to see you, but hopefully you'll get a chance to enjoy some quiet time :)

Pulisha said...

RM - hee, as soon as I wrote that I thought about you! I should clarify that I know a lot of scientists that I think are pretty cool guys (and a few gals), but when you get them all together in one room and they start talking about missile profiles and stage separations and other crap that just goes way over my head...well, let's just say that I may be getting a few good naps in ;) Actually, I do hope to get a lot out of this conference, I'm just nervous that I'm not going to be able to understand a lot of it!

Laura - I wish you were going to be there, too! :( I guess having a hubby come home from being deployed to the desert for like 6 months trumps even me (what-ever! ;) Hope you and Boris are having fun catching up, tho!

Anonymous said...

What we're going to catch even more of the Mr. Tim blues!

Anonymous said...

Dad-What??? I can only assume you want us to walk over every morning and FORGET DIAPERS!!!

alexis said...

renee - LOL!

oh man, I bet scientists in Dayton rocks! Maybe literally (rockets??)