Thursday, October 02, 2014

Halloween in the DMV

I'm always looking for fun, seasonal stuff to do (usually with kids, but we've often got our eye on adults-oriented entertainment, too), especially around the holidays. And Halloween is our favorite! You may recall from previous posts that we often throw a big party on Halloween. Well, since we are getting so close to our PCS date*, plus all of our stuff is in storage, so we decided it would be best to take advantage of other people's attractions this year. There are so many sites that can help you figure out what's going on in the area that it's hard to keep track. So I thought I'd post a few helpful sites here for others (and so I can just refer back to this page myself!). I also listed these on my NoVA resources page so I'll have them the next time we come back, too.

Kid-Friendy 
Halloween in Fairfax County
Falls Church Halloween Festival
Pumpkin Patches in Maryland and Virginia
Cox Farms Fall Festival
Air & Scare
Halloween Whodunnit at the Kennedy Center
Spooky Spy Family Night
Hershey Park in the Dark
Boo at the Zoo
Kings Dominion Planet Spooky

Not so Kid-Friendly
Haunted Virginia
Night of the Living Zoo
Cox Farms Fields of Fear

*2 months and counting!

2 comments:

alexis said...

Oh so disappointing. Thought this was going to be a post about the Motor Vehicle Department. Stupid dyslexia!

Michael Podolny said...

I thought the same thing! The Department of Motor Vehicles. I could only imagine what Holloween would be like there.

What a terrible disappointment this post was