Monday, October 20, 2014

We Travel America, Too!

I have been so remiss in posting about all the travel we have been doing in our own country. One of the biggest lessons Husband and I have learned from living overseas is that we never want to stop seeing the world and that includes our own backyard. In the short time we've been home, we've taken trips to Williamsburg, Shenandoah, West Virginia, Long Island, and Pennsylvania to name a few. This last long weekend we drove to Deep Creek Lake in Maryland to celebrate my most favorite season: Fall! I love, love, love fall in the Northeast. While I'm a beach girl at heart, nothing beats the mid-Atlanic in mid-October for gorgeous crisp, sunny weather and amazing fall foliage. I am so glad I had a chance to share this with my children before we head back out in just a couple short months!






Besides the fabulous foliage, we spent lots of time going to quaint local fall festivals and visiting cute little farm side stands. 







We even saw a llama or two! 


But nothing compared to our visit to Candyland! Reminded me of childhood visits to the local candy store with my Grandma in Connecticut. I let the kids pick 10 different pieces, and it was the hardest decision of their lives!



Even N was impressed.

3 comments:

Bernice said...

Beautiful photos but the Candayland one was the best. Such excitement.

alexis said...

omg I am loving that candy store! And good for you for continuing to travel. I think if we had a car we might travel a bit more but I think we do get around our own city quite a bit.

I don't know how you find the energy on the weekends to do all that travel when you also have a little one who is not sleeping.

Michael Podolny said...

Wow Candyland looks like the best. Loved the smiles on the kids. Love that you do so take advantage of wherever you are.