Sunday, May 18, 2014

Stopping to Celebrate

Taking a time out from your regularly scheduled blog to celebrate a couple of important anniversaries. First of all, I wanted to mark my two-year smoking cessation anniversary. I can't believe I've made it so long! Being back in the US has brought back so many sensory memories that seems to make it more difficult to stay quit, but I am bound and determined to make it stick. Secondly, my A-100 colleagues and I are getting ready to celebrate our 3-year anniversary in the Department this coming weekend. Hard to believe that we started on this crazy journey just 3 years ago. I also forgot to mark this last April as 10 years (yes, 10!) with the Husband. While it's easy to let the craziness of life with 6 kids, traveling the globe while often living out of suitcases for extended periods of time, kick you in the ass - it's more important to take the time to cherish the one who supports you along the way. I wouldn't have our life any other way!

2 comments:

Michael Podolny said...

Well done with the tobacco! Keep it up kid.

10 years, wow. If I think of all that's transpired, of course it is that long but somehow it doesn't feel like it.

alexis said...

oh wow, congrats on all those amazing anniversaries!!