Thursday, May 15, 2014

My Brain Needs a Break

I know, I know. I promised updates, and I have not lived up to my promise. I can only say that arriving home after a long day of melting my brain (aka studying Chinese), then shuttling kids to activities, making dinner, cleaning, feeding/changing/playing with baby, helping/forcing kids to do homework, trying not to kill teenagers, baths & bedtimes, the last thing I feel like doing is sitting down in front of a computer and actively producing something. So, I'm just going to re-post stuff I've been passively looking at. :)

Totally freaking out about the school situation in Hong Kong.

These are specific to FS, but I had to post because some of them made me lol.

For the non-FS, you should know that my job is not as exciting as it sounds on paper!

If you're looking for a new place to live, this list might surprise you.

And for all expats (especially those of us who like to cook), I think this article hits home.**

*in spite of the fact that I swore I was going to put that in the back of my head since I can't do anything about it. 
**My "home" dishes? Mapo tofu, chicken fricassee, lasagna, chopped salad. Maybe not all at the same time. 

2 comments:

Bernice said...

Welcome back to the US. I can't imagine studying languages like you do.

alexis said...

omg, can I have your recipe for mapo tofu please please please?

My home dishes: pancakes, quesedillas, and a sign I've lived in the NL too long: stampot.

Interesting about the cities: for a lot of these you need a certain level of income to enjoy all those benefits!