Friday, August 23, 2013

The Name Game

We went through this with J and it.was.ugly. J almost didn't have a name thanks to her early arrival. We literally decided on a name as we were headed to the fateful doctor's appointment where they turned my world upside down.*

Not so much with A, since I was pretty adamant that this was the name I had always wanted to give my son should I be lucky enough to have one. With the Pu family propensity for birthing girl babies, I was pretty sure we'd never have to deal with this again, but now the name wars have reared their ugly head once again. Husband has the absolute worse taste names. If it were his choice alone all of our children would be named after old, fat Italian New Yorkers. And I just cannot imagine having a baby named Frank. Or Jimbo. He, natch, cannot stand any of my names choices. I like names like Nicholas, Ethan, and Isaac.

J likes the name Peter because Peter Pan, Mom, duh!

Of course, if it were up to A, we would name the baby Farticles McJumpJump, so I guess there are always worse options.


On a totally different note, wtf is up with this? My nose isn't located anywhere near my fucking uterus, so I'm not sure what the connection is, but it is really fucking annoying.

*Plus side being that J came out just fine and even had perfectly functioning lungs.

3 comments:

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

If A wins the name war can we call the baby JJ?

Michael Podolny said...

Ya, what's wrong with McJumpJump. Let's seem some creativity here. Mom's right JJ for short. Go A!

alexis said...

how about a compromise, Ethan Frank McFartbutt?

A friend of mine had the issue with the nose as well! I thought it was to do with all that blood circulating around engorging the veins in your nose but that explanation seems much more plausible!