Monday, August 19, 2013

Monsooned!

Well after such a mild summer*, rainy season is truly upon us. The Embassy was closed yesterday and today, and even the school closed today.** Although I love having the extra time with my kids, being trapped in the house without respite is less than ideal. Cue the maniacal laughter. Not such a happy birthday for me. :( But we are truly the lucky ones. It is so much worse for so many others. They're saying it's already worse than Ondoy. Husband took the older kids out in our very high clearance Land Rover to check out the damage.






These pics are from our neighborhood and the surrounding area. It's so much worse in other parts of Manila.

Although waking up to this:



kind of makes up for it...just a little bit. :)


*Summer being the 3 months the Western world designates as summer, that is.
**The Embassy is right on the waterfront, but the school is on much higher ground. 

3 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Wow, I cannot offer a card that cute. But I still offer good wishes - Happy Birthday, cousin!

alexis said...

happy birthday sister! I'm so glad you guys are protected from the worst of these storms... so far.

Michael Podolny said...

That's sooooo sweet from J.

I'm very glad you guys are in the high ground.