Saturday, August 10, 2013

Singapore Fling Part Er

So I meant to post this about a week ago, but I am pregnant and that is my excuse for everything nowadays so just go with it. Anyway, I spent my free day in an epic skype chat with the parents (child-free!), and then explored the city. I thought I took so many pictures, but it seems my memory has failed me as I did not have nearly so many as I thought when I downloaded them onto the computer. I started off in Chinatown, which I just love, love, loved. It's everything you love about Chinatown without the hordes and hordes of people streaming around.




Plus, yum! I dined on Soy Sauce Chicken in one of the main hawker centers. I picked the stand with the longest line because I figured it had to be good, right? It also meant I had to stand around sweating for about 20 minutes, but the result was worth it.





Sorry, I know my shitty photography does not do the meal justice, but it was dee-lish. And I was the only white girl in the joint, so I figure it had to be pretty authentic. :)

Next up was Clarke Quay where I wandered around the waterfront and completely forgot to take pictures. :(

Then it was on to Little India where I had the most fabulous samosas (and also forgot to take pictures of those. Sorry, ya'll. I blame baby brain. I did however take some photos of the various, so just feast on those instead and pretend they taste like samosas.





All in all, this little trip just whetted my appetite to discover more of this awesome city. I'm so excited to be coming back here with Husband and parents in a few months when I'll have more time to really explore the city and all it has to offer.* Plus, my mom will be doing the photography, so you know the pictures will be a million times better!

*Read: FOOD!

3 comments:

alexis said...

It's so clean there. Seems like some alternate reality of an Asian big city.

Michael Podolny said...

I am sooooo looking forward to this trip :)

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Looks wonderful - Can't wait to go there. But I am going to have to research some things to do and see or otherwise we will just eat the entire time!