Friday, September 07, 2012

It's My Bag, Baby, Yeah!

Baguio, that is. And it is totally my bag. I freaking loved it there. It was by far the most awesome place I have been to in the Philippines. Known as the City of Pines, Baguio is a stunning city in the mountains about 5-6 hours drive from Manila. I was up there for work, but the ambiance made it feel like a vacation. I was lucky enough to stay at the Ambassador's Residence there:



My stay was made all the more significant considering part of the reason for the trip was to commemorate the anniversary of the end of World War II in the Pacific. How incredible to stand in the very room where Gen Yamashito signed the Japanese surrender. And the views, I could not get over how gorgeous the city views were.






My photos are a bit crappy since I am the world's worst photographer, so google some better pics to do the place justice.

The staff at the Residence are amazing, and although it is not an easy place to get to, I can't wait to go back again and take the family.

2 comments:

Bernice said...

Wow, it is a beautiful city. I can see why you loved it.

alexis said...

well shoot, if you show things like this it makes us want to visit you there!