Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Walang Balita

I apologize for the recent blog silence. I really do have lots of posts in my head that never seem to make it to the screen. We recently received word that my grandfather is heading quickly downhill. This was somewhat unexpected (in spite of the fact that he is nearing 90), as we did not know until just last week that he had a life threatening illness. My father has blogged more extensively than I am willing to, but this event has dredged up some powerful emotions. I was with my grandmother on her deathbed, but one of my greatest regrets is that I did not get to see her one last time when she was still coherent. Now I fear the same will be true with my grandfather. I had more to say, but I think it's best if I just leave it at that. This is, perhaps, no longer the forum to air my private thoughts.

3 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I've been reading your dad's blog, and my thoughts are with you all.

alexis said...

xxx sweetie.

Michael Podolny said...

Sweetie, everything happens for a reason though it is not always apparent at the time.