Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ovetjkin Jr




I'd like to say the above pictures were due to an awesome hockey fight, but, sadly, we must blame that sole piece of metal playground equipment spared by the late 90's, early 00's plastic revolution: the slide. A and the slide don't get along to well and eventually the slide got the better of him. Unfortunately for A it took the school about 30min to track me down at work (I keep my phone off during class and the school had Husband's number written incorrectly). Poor kid sat around gushing blood until we finally showed up almost an hour after the slide one upped him. As usual, he didn't shed a tear. I, on the other hand, wanted to cry the minute I saw him. An ER trip later, A was off to the pediatric dentist to have one of his front teeth removed. Luckily he was able to keep the other one, but it's root was likely killed by the impact, so he may end up losing it at a later date anyway. On the plus side, he looks like a real hockey player now!

I begin to see how fortunate people with careful children are. C was a very calm child with few accidents. Between J&A we've had multiple ER visits resulting in stitches, heads glued back together, heads stapled back together, and now teeth knocked out. His skating instructor suggested it might be best if he wear his hockey helmet all the time instead of just on the ice. She may not be wrong!

4 comments:

Daniela Swider said...

OMG - and he didn't shed a tear?!! He's my hero! I would have cried my heart out...

alexis said...

oh my goodness! Luckily the insurance companies are only looking at our genes to predict how expensive our future care will be, rather than our actual acts.

Michael Podolny said...

And he's ahead of the curve. I didn't break my first tooth in the playground until I was in second grade!

Bernice said...

Our son had a tooth knocked out (by another boy, but that is another story) it was put back in by the dentist and took. So the second tooth may be ok.