Friday, January 13, 2012

Bidding Again Already??!!

That's right, folks, the CNL (now called RLP - Recruitment Language Program) bid list is out! I am excited about all the possibilities for our 2nd tour. We are required to bid on everything that even comes close to being a fit for us, but looking at the issues of timing (i.e. when I am due to leave Manila + home leave + time for additional training at FSI), I think our list is narrowed significantly. All of our options are exciting and interesting in their own way, so I think we'll be thrilled no matter where we end up going. Our lists are due in about a week and a half, and I'm not sure how long the matching process takes, so it may be a while before we know definitively where we'll end up in 2014. It's going to be weird to have the next 5 years of our life fully mapped out after living with such uncertainty for so long. If only we had little black passports to match!*

*I promise an update on the saga of getting our diplomatic passports in the next post or so, but it's going to take more time than I have on hand to explain!

5 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Wow that is exciting! And I can imagine that it's a bit odd to have your life mapped out for so long.

alexis said...

Good fun though - I don't suppose you can share which countries are on your narrow list (via email if not here?)

Daniela Swider said...

What's your CNL?

DiploDad said...

I think I have a chronic case of bid list envy so I'll look forward to hearing about your onward assignment. Good luck!

Michael Podolny said...

I wish I could have my next five days mapped out!