Thursday, February 26, 2009

Our Big News

'kay, I know you've all been waiting with bated breath, so here it is: we're moving to Florida! Yeah, I know, we're moving...again. ;) We can't help it. I think we're addicted! In truth, I had hoped that this move to Albuquerque would be our last for a long while, and while we have truly enjoyed every second we've been able to be near my parents, nothing else has lived up to what I thought it would be. My job, while interesting and satisfying in its own way, is not exactly what I was sold on coming out here for. There is no room for me to move up the corporate ladder here, no opportunity to manage, and there is little funding for an real increase in salary. Hubs has been working for his old CA company as an independant contractor; however, they're not doing so hot in this economy so the work has kind of dried up over the last few months and there is nothing out here for him to do. The one job that he found that was suitable would not even have paid enough to cover daycare (and was less than half of what he was making in LA). Anyway, my new position is a step up (I'll be managing a team of 7-8 analysts) both in position and in salary. I love the atmosphere, the work environment seems amazing and everyone I talked to there seems to really love it.

In fact, we've already got a house to rent. Hubs found us a gorgeous little place right on the beach...with a pool! :) I was hoping to push out our move date, but my new company wants us there by April 1st, so we'll be leaving in just a few weeks. Hubs will be flying out next week to make all the arrangements & sign the paperwork for our new house, so hopefully this move will go a little more smoothly than our transition to Albuquerque. Anyway, that's our news in a nutshell. Once we get settled in, you all are welcome to come by and visit any time! :)

7 comments:

Stef said...

a pool eh? yes, i think we will visit you.

Susanne said...

Good for you!!! I'm SO glad to hear this news!! You certainly deserve some thing that is going to challenge you!!

Some people really relish in stagnancy, because of the security it provides, but is not good for most people.

We'll be on the same coast and time zone : )

Susanne said...

BTW....WHERE in FL???

Laura said...

Wow, that's great! Congratulations!! I guess this means no more trips out to CO? I'm really excited for you, I know you've been wanting a change and this opportunity sounds fantastic! I can't wait to see pictures of your new place and hopefully come out and visit :) I assume you'll be working on a base? Is Tim still thinking of going back to school once you move? I have so many questions! We definitely need to talk soon!

Anonymous said...

Probably makes the Sunday dinner routine a bit impractical

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Wow! I didn't even have a chance to meet you guys in Albuquerque. Damnit!! Fortunately my softball team does make trips to Florida twice a year. Maybe we'll hook up then.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!