Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sometimes You're Up

...and sometimes you're down. Today, for example, we learned that Hubs needs dental work that is probably going to run into the thousands evenwith insurance, my car check engine light ame on meaning I'm going to have to take it in to the shop for the third time since we moved to Abq, and I got a letter from the IRS indicating that they think we owe them $1800 from 2006. So, um, yeah, pretty suck-ass day. On a somewhat positive note, I managed to turn 23 again yesterday, so yay for aging backwards ;)



Just so I don't completely spoil your day, here's a cute tidbit from the front lines. As I was making dinner tonight, I noticed J kept throwing her Pez dispenser across the room. I yelled at her to stop, but she kept doing it. Then I looked around the corner and saw that A was fetching the dispenser and returning it to J so she could throw it for him. Apparently fetch is just as fun for infants as it is for puppies! ;)
Also, the stepkids have headed back to Texas, so we're down to just three little munchkins to do our bidding. Here's some random pics from the summer:






8 comments:

Susanne said...

: ( unexpected bills are no fun!

I hope you enjoyed your 23rd birthday : )

stef said...

I can't believe I forgot to call you on your birthday. I am a crappy sister. Happy Belated!

Laura said...

Yikes... it sucks how things like that always seem to come up at the same time. Here's to hoping that next month you guys receive an inheritance from a long lost relative and win the lottery!

Happy Birthday!! We'll have to celebrate when you come out next month :)

Anonymous said...

I also forgot even though it is right on my computer...but at least I'm consistent.

Pulisha said...

That's okay, ya'll. I was writing a check that day, and I had to ask someone what day it was. I guess I forgot, too! ;)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

That IS a suck ass day.

For the record, I didn't know it was your birthday, so I didn't miss it. Happy belated birthday!!!

alexis said...

that TOTALLY sucks! :( Happy b-day belated at any rate and I love you and send bad vibes to IRS but goodness to you.

Seriously we are the worst, family-wide, at remember birhtdays.

stef said...

http://buggydoo.blogspot.com/

read her post titled "kindergarten" it relates to your situation and is just a nice read.