Thursday, July 31, 2008

Gone, Baby, Gone

Sorry I have not had time to post the second piece of Family Reunion Tour '08. Just after we returned we were invaded by two more small beasts...I mean children, which brings us up to a total of five. So, yeah, not much time to write lately. Also, I am headed out of town for a week (abandon ship!) to do some reserve duty in CO. I hate leaving the kids for so long (believe it or not!), but I am really excited to be meeting up my girlfriend, L, who I haven't seen since her wedding two years ago. So you'll just have to make do with some more pictures to tide you over until my return.


Uncle J and Cousin Y (otherwise known as my b-in-law and niece)


Aunt B is actually a woodland fairy.


Hubs takes a well-earned break from pig-tending to relax with cousin RM & uncle G


Pretty much the coolest photo ever ;)


Uncle G pulls his hand-made pig-cooker-thingy around to the house in one of his many tractors

Pig roasting...mmmmmm

Close up of pig. It's good to know where your food comes from.

Biker babes.

The whole Pu family (Pu and peeps to the left, De-I & Wife in the middle, sister MR & family*)

* Sister AinA was unable to make it to this year's reunion due to her heinous choice to be in a dear friend's wedding in India...selfish, selfish ;) **

**You can check out her journey here...I am so totally jealous




8 comments:

alexis said...

good to get a small update from you! I think you are an amazing person to have 5 kids and still be sane.

Let's see how hubs does with a week on his own == 5 bucks says, not sane by Firday.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of my Mom with the three girls. If you enlarge it, you can see their expressions - Aunt B is explaining the wonders of the woods, and the three girls are decidedly unconvinced.

Have lots of kidless fun in CO!

stef said...

I love that Dad is holding a very prominently placed glass of wine in that photo...

Anonymous said...

Sigh - I suppose after last nights sohju incident I really don't have much I can say.

Totally agree on your estimate of favorite picture Pu.

I have bought even better noise reduction headphones so I will not be disturbed with guilt when I hear hubs screams of agony during this week.

Laura said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun :) Can't wait to see you!

Susanne said...

When you get to CO you should just spend 60 interrupted minutes in the restroom...showering, shaving, just sitting there ;) That's what I would do anyway :)

Then I would drive to as many stores as I could get to and shop in peace.

THEN, I'd go to some fancy restaurant that doesn't allow kids and have a HUGE glass of wine :)

I guess at some point you have to work huh?? LOL....

Have fun anyway!!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

"pig-cooker-thingy" Ha!! That's funny. I like the biker babes photo.

Ten bucks says de-I get's a call from hubs before the week is out.....hell, before the day is out!!

Bernice said...

The picture of the two girls standing by the pig looks like they are at a wake. Love it. Thanks for posting and good luck to hubs this week.