Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Day in the Life

It seems that finding time to post is getting more and more difficult, so I thought I would share with you all a day in the life of Pu so you can stop thinking evil thoughts every time you come back to this site to find that I have yet to update my blog.

0400 Wake up & work out
0500 Shower & get ready for work
0545 Make lunches for everyone & make sure C is up and getting ready for school
0600 Wake up J&A and get them ready for daycare (hair, clothes, diapers, teeth) & feed C breakfast
0630 Wake up Hubs and head out the door with J&A to drop them off at daycare
0700 Arrive at work
1600 Leave work & pick up J&A from daycare
1630 Arrive home & start dinner
1730 Feed family
1800 Give baths and put A to bed
1830 Get children dressed, make sure C has completed her homework, clean up
1900 Let C&J watch tv & relax w/Hubs
1930 Get C&J ready for bed (teeth, stories, snuggles)
2000 J to bed, C gets to watch 1 more hour of tv or finish her homework if it is not done, Hubs & I get to watch tv
2100 Sit on couch with eyes glazed over and drool escaping mouth as I am too tired to sit up anymore

Rinse and repeat

7 comments:

alexis said...

oh my god. 4 am. I will never complain again!

stef said...

Whoof. How did you get all those morning tasks to yourself?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I couldn't get past that first 4 a.m. line. Holy shit. I got up at 6 yesterday for a 7 a.m. meeting and had to come home and take a nap!

Love the military time references too! Ha! You can take the girl out of the military........

Anonymous said...

A post on the day in the life of Tim is in order. This blog seems to be a bit misleading on the husband front and even a bit husband-unfriendly...tee hee. :)
I know your the best catch in the sea love! Best Mom and Best Wife awards to come...thank you for being super supportive on my visions, I hope they begin taking off soon and I love you!

Tim

Laura said...

I honestly don't know how you do it! I'm really impressed that you're able to get yourself up every day at 4 to work out. That just wouldn't be happening for me. I agree with Stef... how come you're the one doing all the morning (and evening) stuff?

Susanne said...

There have been SO many days when I'm trying to get out the door, with out a job to be at or a strict schedule to follow and I think about you and *sigh* You are a beautiful, wonderful, dedicated woman and mother, girl!! You're family is lucky to have you!!!!

Some days I'm entirely too jealous of the 30 minute car drive that Greg has to and from work. If only I could find that much quite time in my life.

Although you didn't say it, I find it hard to believe that Tim is just hanging out while you scramble. I'm sure he's jumping through his butt too. LOL....

In the past two weeks, Greg and I have really started to enjoy our "you're home from work, please take this kid off my leg and this one off my boob so I can set the table and eat" hug and kiss.

It's pretty much the only unscheduled *romantic* time we get.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid you got way too much of your Mother's gene's in you, dear. On the bright side, it's only a few more years until your littlest ones are starting to need less care. And in the long run, there's a good chance it pays off and you get children who turn into adults like you.