Saturday, February 09, 2008

Success!

We have a house! We move in on Monday! We are no longer forced, er...priviledged to live with my parents! I'm just kidding. I don't know what we would have done without my wonderful parents opening their home to us and being so patient as we hunted for the perfect house (which turned into a hunt for whatever house was available but whatever). We are happy with our pick as it has a ton of room. Almost 3000 square feet to be exact. And, it's a four bedroom, so everyone will actually have their own room! (The nice thing about renting is that you can generally find something much nicer than what you could afford to buy) Plus, it is literally about 4 blocks from my parents house. We can walk over whenever we want, mwah ha ha ha! I can't wait for the day when C "runs away" to grandma's ('cause you know that's going to happen at some point!)

A is doing much better, but now J has taken to waking up in the middle of the night and wanting to come sleep with us in our room. I'm not sure if she's having nightmares or what, but she is not exactly a pleasant sleep companion. She's more of a kicker and pincher than a snuggler. So sleep is still escaping us. One of the greatest things about this house is that all of the kids bedrooms are on the first floor and the master bedroom is on the second floor, so hopefully that will solve the sleeping problem ;) Anyway, we move in on Monday, so I'll be sure to post some pics as soon as I get the chance.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Four bedrooms, that's terrific! Congratulations again, and I hope you're all soon settled.

Susanne said...

CONGRATS!!!

3000 SQ FT????? HOLY COW!! That's NM.

I hope your move is easy and you all get settled quickly!!!

Bernice said...

Isn't it wonderful to have the house issue resolved? I'm happy for you and the whole family. Please send pictures.

alexis said...

CONGRATS!!

I would send cautions on the J sleeping thing. A friend of mine has a little boy and she didn't break it of him straight away. It had to do with change trauma and such, but now she is finding it impossible to make him stop.

stef said...

Congrats! That sounds awesome. Can't wait to see the pics. And to hear what it's going to be like living 4 blocks away from the folks. Hey- you will always have someone to borrow a cup of sugar from!

Laura said...

Congrats Nikki that's awesome! It sounds like you're going to have tons of space.

Would J be willing to sleep on the floor of your room in a sleeping bag? I used to get scared a lot when I was a kid and I was never allowed in my parents bed, but they let me camp out on the floor a lot and that was good enough for me :)

Anonymous said...

One of the neater aspects of their layout is they have the ceremonial samurai sword they brought back from Japan in an alcove by the stairs between the floors. So when the kids start acting up they can quickly pull it out of its scabbard on the way down. Nice job Tim!