Monday, August 13, 2007

2 Down, 3 To Go


Of course the last one still has another 18 or so years before I can legally kick him out of the house, but who's counting? ;)


The step-kiddos left this weekend (in case you hadn't grasped that fact from my ever so obvious post title), and we are down to just our three. In fact, today is my first day sans kiddos in god knows how long (okay, technically there is a newborn in the house but since he sleeps for longer than a fifteen minutes at a time, he no longer counts!). Ah, sweet freedom! I can't remember the last time I had a good twenty minute stretch without hearing:

"Mom, I'm bored!"
"Mom, he/she hit me!"
"Mom, he/she is teasing me!"
"Mom, J/V/C/T won't share!"
"Mom, J/V/C/T said I'm a poop/booger/fart-head/nose/butt!"
"Mom, I'm still bored!"
"Mom, 'Nessa/Ca'tin/Tommy hit/bonk face/head (or some toddler-speak combination thereof)

Let me tell you, a baby screaming is nothing compared to hours on end of yelling at 4 insane children:

"Stop jumping on the bed!"
"Stop running in the house!"
"Don't hit your sister/brother!"
"Stop mauling your brother. Faces are not ticklish!"
*screaming at the top of my lungs* "Stop screaming! The baby is sleeping!" --and if that sounds counterproductive, let me tell you, it is.


At any rate, I do actually have things to do today (I go back to work on Thursday *sigh*). So I'l leave you with some pearls of wisdom I gleaned from someone else's blog (linked to by my sis MR):

Top 10 Toddler Rules of Possession
1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my hand, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must NEVER appear to be yours in anyway.
6. If I'm doing or building something, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it looks just like mine, it is mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours


6 comments:

Susanne said...

HAHAHA....that's too funny!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds vaguely familiar to three children I once knew

alexis said...

wow, and still not insane. My sister is a woman of steel! Just remember in a few years you can ship them to bording school. :P

stef said...

wow. so is work looking good?

Anonymous said...

So glad things have finally calmed down for you. To bad you don't have a longer time to enjoy the peace before going back to work. Don't forget to call me today or tomorrow.

Laura said...

Oh my gosh! I don't know how you did it! On the bright side, I guess 3 kids probably seems like a breeze now right?