Thursday, July 12, 2007

Each new generation born is in effect an invasion of civilization by little barbarians

So we're gearing up for the invasion. The step-kids arrive this weekend, and my MIL will be here on Tuesday. So, C and I are cleaning the house like mad since it will most likely not be clean again for another month!


Proud Mommy Moments

#1 Alex's 1st Smile

I was sitting on the couch holding Alex, cooing and smiling and tickling his cheeks. He looked deep into my eyes - clearly communing with me on a deep mother to child level - and gave me a big smile! My heart brimmed over with joy and motherly pride at my little boy's beautiful smile...and, then...he farted. *sigh*

#2 J's New Word

Hubs and I were sitting at the kitchen table playing Uno (we have such exciting lives), and J was sitting at the other end of the table coloring on a piece of paper. Hubs and I can be very competetive when it comes to games, i.e. we live to talk a lot of trash. Hubs isn't necessarily the best at, um, hiding his colorful language, so he was letting a few choice words fly as I kicked his ass. J was really getting into her coloring and at one point the pen flew off the paper in a particularly violent way. "Oh!" exclaimed J, forming a big "O" of surprise with her mouth and slapping her hands to her cheeks in comedic fashion (clearly she is taking after her big sis in the drama queen department! "Oh, fock!" she said.

Me: *mouth hanging open* What did you say?!
J: *not paying any attention to me* Fock...*in a sing-song voice* fock, fock, fock
Me: *to Hubs* This is all your fault
J: *nodding sagely* Fock.

#3 C the Comedian

C: Knock, knock
Me: *reading a magazine* Hmmm?
C: Mom, I'm telling a joke. I say 'knock, knock,' then you have to say, 'who's there?'
Me: I do, huh?
C: Moooom! Just say it!
Me: Okay, okay. Who's there?
C: No, you have to wait until I say 'Knock, knock."
Me: But you just said it.
C: No I didn't! I was telling you what to say!
Me: Whatever. Tell your joke, honey.
C: Okay, okay. Knock, knock.
Me: Who's there?
C: Boo. Now you say, 'Boo who?'
Me: You know, jokes are a lot more funny if you don't tell the audience what they're supposed to do.
C: Moooom! Just say it!
Me: Fine, fine. Boo who?
C: Ha ha ha ha ha!
Me: You didn't say the punchline.
C: No, you did! Ha ha ha ha ha!
Me: Wow. Remind me to make sure you don't pursue a career in comedy.

Other Random Tidbits

I am seriously contemplating buying this for Mom.

They've finally stopped playing that highly aggrevating K-Mart commercial every five seconds, only to replace it with that equally annoying Oreo commercial with the upside down faces of kids singing. You know, the one where they sing the Oreo theme song in cutesy, off-key voices with faces painted on their chins. Whoever thought up that ad campaign should be shot.

This is for AinA and her uni memories! :)

TLC has a new show coming out called A Model Life. It's a reality program about teaching wannabe models how to make it in the biz. Sound familiar? What a total ripoff of Top Model! I can't believe tv has sunk so low that copycat reality programs are being greenlit. What a sad world we live in...You know I'll totally be watching it... I'm so ashamed

7 comments:

stef said...

Yay! thanks for finding the time to post a long one. Soooo funny. And planet unicorn? Focking Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Thomas Sowell...Focking good one!

Anonymous said...

I soooo want that squirrel circus...except I need to coat everything in cyanide - fock squirrels!

alexis said...

thanks for the shout-out! I will check this link out as soon as I get home. Computer at work is alas, too slow.

I will refrain from making a fock joke.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, that's just too funny about the squirels. But don't you dare get it for me!
I also wanted to comment on your last post. It was so sweet. Sometimes when I am with you and see you interact so lovingly with your family I think back to what could have been. It is hard to keep the faith when you are in the midst of hard times - but to me that was the crucial thing - utter confidence that this person whom you love desperately is inately good and will turn it around. So as you all go through your trials and tribulations with your kids, as everyone does, just believe in them. Any way I feel very fortunite and blessed to have a fantastic husband and three wonderful daughters who have brought into the family; sons (by marriage) and grandchildren to enrich my life. And lets not forget that they have lived all over the world giving me the excuse to travel!

Mom

PS: I can't forget to say how much I appreciate my extended family as well. Love you all!

Susanne said...

hahaha....


Little Fockers!!!!

alexis said...

OH MY GOD. That is the funniest shit ever. HAHAHAHAHAH