Saturday, June 23, 2007

Notes From the Corner

I will get around to posting Alex's birth story one of the days, I swear! Its just been very hectic around here lately. I think once A is sleeping through the night things will be a lot easier, but, right now, I am hanging on by a thread! Yesterday I decided to keep both girls home (C is out of school and her 1st day of camp isn't until Monday, so it wasn't a big leap to decide to keep J home, too). We are seriously toying with the idea of taking J out of daycare while I am at home both to save some serious money and also because this is really the only time I will have as a stay-at-home mom, so I might as well make it so I can't wait to get back to work! ;) Seriously, though, I don't know how my mom did it. I only have 2 under 2, at one point, my mom had 3 under 3 at home with her with my dad on the road all the time. I would have gone insane. I don't even think I'm sane now! Don't get me wrong, we are so excited to have A finally here (and I don't want to complain too much since I am just greatful not to be pregnant anymore!), but, at this moment in time, I think it is better to wait between kids. I feel like I am losing out on my special time with J because I am stuck in one place breastfeeding or soothing A (he is not a good sleeper!), and I'm shortchanging both myself and A on what should be our spcial bonding time together, especially since this is going to be my last one. We'll see if I still feel the same way once A is sleeping normally and we've settled into a routine, but, for right now, my advice to all you gals thinking about having another one is to wait!



Like I said, though, I shouldn't complain because I am just so freaking happy to not be pregnant anymore! C is so excited to be out of school and going back to camp. J is at that stage right now where she is learning new words and objects at an incredibly rapid pace. Today we were playing with her animals puzzle book and she was pointing out the lions, tigers, and panda bears. It was so cute! C is going to join the library's summer reading program this year (we wanted to do it last year, but all the meetings are at like 3pm and I couldn't get out of work). This years theme is being a super sleuth, so maybe I'll take her to see that new Nancy Drew movie. I'll post more later, A is starting to get restless!

6 comments:

alexis said...

I remember those reading programs, does C get a prize at the end?

funny how we get a new perspective as we get older.

stef said...

I think as far as the kids are concerned- you are going through the toughest part right now. The supposed payoff will come in a year or so when hopefully the two close in age will play together and amuse themselves so you don't have to! Hang in there....

Anonymous said...

What makes you think Mom got through it all sane?

Laura said...

If it's any consolation, I always enjoyed being close in age to my brother. I'm sure once they get a little older you'll be happy you did it this way :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, listen to Laura. You're close in age to your siblings and you turned out...uh...Great!

Susanne said...

Hahaha......


I've heard the first months are really hard then it gets significantly better.

I'm sure that's what you want to hear ...what is this 2 weeks into it??

and since you asked for my opinion ;)I think taking J out of day care for a stretch would be a great idea!!